How do you get an account in canada if you are in the USA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CaptLudd, Apr 3, 2014.

1. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    #1 CaptLudd, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    Want to pick up hearthstone and never went out of my area before. Thanks in advance for helping the slow....

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Open up iTunes, go to the iTunes Store and make sure you are signed out. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the flag in the bottom right. Once the next page has loaded, choose the required country (The most useful are New Zealand and Canada) Canada is at the top with the US, New Zealand is halfway through the Asia Pacific category.

Once the Store refreshes, find a free app and click to buy it. Choose Create ID from the pop-up and follow the instructions from there, putting in an email address (must be a valid email). Open this link:

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Choose the country that you're making the account for and generate an ID. All you need from this is the address and phone number, the other details can be anything you want really though best something that you will remember if you need to recover it.

Once all of this is done, you'll get an email with a verification link in it. After that, you're done! Free to play Hearthstone, Angry Birds Epic and all the other awesome soft launches!

3. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Okay i do not get it, is this legal? I go to the canada site, give them a fake name and address, a new email address ( is that the one generated on the same page as the fake name?) then when i get to the part i need to enter in my visa card what do i do then, it wants one that bills to a canadian address, right? I just do not get thru the procedure, and wonder about the the ethics of it all.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It's not like you're stealing. The ethics aren't bad at all. You just want to get early releases/betas early s you can't wait a few weeks ;)

Lots of people do the same trick for New Zealand as you'll get games early in the day. Seems a bit OTT rather than just waiting

Wouldn't it be a pain if you need to update any apps? Don't you have or keep signing in and out of different accounts ?

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Don't you have to enter some form of payment in there though?

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    To have international accounts, you just need an address with a legit postal code. Nothing else. For the phone number add anything, anything works. For the bank account, you just need to do what Pete said. Go first to the New Zealand AppStore without logged in, look for a free game, then iTunes will ask for an account, tell them you don't want to add a bank account, ....

Here are my fake addresses, if someone want to move in with me for iTunes purposes, join its free xD

In Canada I live here according to iTunes xD

Av Lake
    Duvernay
    Quebec H7E 1V5
    Canada

Or in New Zealand I live here xD:

Irvam 4
    Cambourne
    New Zealand

I have accounts for New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Canada, US, Finland, France, Germany, and more that I cant remember...

To manage that, do it here:

AppleID

Now go on a try all those fantastic soft launch titles like Hordes of Heroes, for example...

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #7 JCho133, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    Its saying the generated VISA is invalid for the store?

Doing this from my phone, maybe that's why I don't have the option to not add a card?

Edit: Damn, my session times out. Gotta restart

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Anyone wanna let me borrow their account? :p

I guess I'll just do it on me laptop later today

9. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    When it gives the option to add a credit card, say "Not at this moment" or something like that, but you have to first select a free game with no account signed in with. So with an empty iPhone AppStore app, without a login, select a country, select a free app and then that option. I cant remember if it is "Not at the moment" or something else, but the option is there. Enjoy :)

10. asd1234

asd1234 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    for me the easiest way is to change my itunes account country. you need just a valid zip-code and a phone nr for the country you change(ca.,nz) and if your account has a credit card it will not work for other country, just select "none" and after you download what you want change your country back

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ohhhh ok I got it working! Yipee horde of heroes

12. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Think I might be moving into Canada with ya Frost.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^You lot must be a nightmare in December not wanting to wait till Xmas for any presents ;)

Just be patient and i'm sure all these games will come to all of our shores !!

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Welcome to Canada then xD

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I just really really wanted Horde of Heroes haha, only soft launch game that I've actually been anticipating that much (it was worth it)

16. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Most soft launches are months rather than weeks. Plus it only takes ten minutes, I can't see any reason not to, especially with the number of games that don't come to England at all.

Updates are simple; it only asks for the password not the account email address. If you keep all the passwords the same then it's no different to only having one account.

Plus if people weren't doing this then we'd never know what games are coming out ;)

17. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    If I want to buy IAP's using credit from my US account, I'm currently out of luck until the game is released worldwide, correct?

Once worldwide, id need to delete the CAD version and download the US version to be able to draw against the credit in my US iTunes account.

Am I correct? Thanks!

Rob

18. asd1234

Mar 30, 2014
    if you download any game from a country other then yours you can still buy iap
    your credit cards works only with your country store, so you can't use it to buy games from other stores but once you change your country back you can buy iap for any game you have on your device

19. asd1234

Mar 30, 2014
    #19 asd1234, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    i remember when fifa 14 was soft realese i swiched my itunes account country(it takes 2min.) to download the game(was free) and then swiched back my country with my cc and i unlocked full game from iap

note: i'm talking about iap purchases made only with your credit card, it works. with other purchase like gift cards...or whatever they are called i dont know cos i never used them

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What happens when that game launches in the US though? How will you keep progress if you download it in a different store?