moderation on articles posts?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Ahiru, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    are there any moderators here that can moderate posts on articles??

i'm being bashed and called names just because i stood up to gamevil's Air Penguin game while they were bashing it... suddenly i became their target.... and i don't even work for them...

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I was also going to post this... for some reason that game seems under attack more than usual.

3. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    i know, and i suspect that konami had a plan to release arctic adventures on app store and suddenly they got beaten to it...

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I dont moderate the front page comments so cant help you there. But I think its kind of ridiculous to think Konami will bother with such comments. They're either fanboys or just plain old trolls. No reason to doubt anyone from konami will post like this even if they WERE about to release antarctic adventures for iOS.

5. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    anyways, they [comments] have been removed..

thanks for your time though supah!!! (well i still think he is somewhat related to konami, maybe a 10yo kid whose cousin's uncle made some pixel art to arctic adventures back in the days and now just wanted to troll around)

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The only reason they stayed up for so long is because everything got posted at like 4:00 AM US time. That being said, things wouldn't have gone anywhere near as far as they would have if you hadn't insisted on continually getting baited into arguing with a troll. :)

7. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    i'm sorry hodapp, you were saying that i "got what i deserved" by arguing with a troll? or that you guys were sleeping so that's why things got out of control a lil bit?

besides, i wasn't the only one in the 'discussion', and honestly i only kept going trying to both defend the writers article (which was also bashed and by that making bad publicity of TA) and gamevil's game... then again, i know i wouldn't make a difference in the world, just couldn't help to see those harshful comments being posted over and over. i tried, i failed, i'm sorry.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm saying it happened super early in the morning when no one was around to moderate comments. Additionally, it takes multiple parties to take an argument that far. The guy was obviously a troll, there wasn't much reason to continually engage him.

9. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Meh. Put on your big boy pants and stop taking internet drama like it actually means something important.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm always awake when you guys are asleep. ;)