iPad [JP] Grimms Notes (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dailon80, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #1 Dailon80, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Grimms Notes is a new RPG from Square Enix available on the Japan App Store. It's based on the Grimm Fairy Tale stories. One great thing I noticed is no stamina and since it's free to play that's a good thing. This game had over 2 million downloads in only a few days of being released. Easy to see why when you play it.

グリムノーツ by SQUARE ENIX INC https://appsto.re/jp/hXfT9.i

---

[​IMG]
    グリムノーツ

SQUARE ENIX INC
    Genres: ゲーム ロールプレイング シミュレーション
    GAME CENTER ENABLED
    無料 ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPad2Wifi
    • iPad23G
    • iPhone4S
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone5
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPadMini
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone5c
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 52.6MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    No Stamina??? I really wonder how that will work out for them.

The artwork is so gorgeous I feel like I want to dl the game just for that. And the gameplay screens look nice as well. However I feel like it may be too RPG for me to play with my poor Japanese skills :\

3. hyuei

hyuei Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Male
    This really looks amazing! But as lawliet said, I can't enjoy it too much since my japanese is not good...hopefully this'll make into the english market, someday.

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I play a lot of free to play games out of Japan and this is one that should def go worldwide! Hours of enjoyment :)

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Do you understand Japanese? How's the gameplay?

I've been playing and putting loads of money into Fate Grand Order. I think I can only manage 1-2 f2p mobages at a time. I even have Love Live and Terra Battle but I just do dailies on those and rarely play. Hard to keep up all the work.

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I agree but I long quit feeling like I have to at least play once a day and the only game i do play at least once a day is final fantasy record keeper and now grimm notes so that's two :)
    I understand some but it's hard for me to follow the stories but the menus and all that I'm good w and actually gaming is teaching me Japanese. I have always preferred games from Japan anyways. Now to my point you can play this game and not know Japanese and figure it out ok the only thing is the story will be hard to follow. Cut scenes aren't as animated for example if nothing else a game like final fantasy xiii on iOS it's in Japanese but the cutscenes are very animated and so it's easy to kind of follow what's going on. Japanese is a pretty tough language to learn. I actually am better w Russian language and Italian than Japanese but I'm getting there :)
    One last things it's not a tell tale game so at end of the day even if you knew zero Japanese you can enjoy the game cuz the joy comes from the numerous characters and teams you can put together and the battle system which to me is very TWEWY-Esque

7. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Ive been playing this, but really prefer 12 Odins over this, so fun!