Mr. Dig!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Stroffolino, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Run, jump, dig, and jackhammer your way to victory across randomly generated worlds.

Anyone with IOS8 up for beta testing?

[​IMG]

2. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    WOW LOOKS AMAZING AND GREAT GRAPHICS
    WOULD LOVE TO TEST
    PM sent with info
    Good Luck this looks great

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Ooo I love diggers I can test on iPhone 4s iPhone 6 or iPad mini 2 I'll pm my Apple Store id

4. Stroffolino

Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks guys, just pushed out first beta.

5. Stroffolino

Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I'd love to get some more testers, as I'm keen to gather impressions and make refinements - I'll be posting some sample video this weekend.

In the meantime, here's an overview of the gameplay so far:

Picture Dig Dug, but with gravity. In most levels, goal is to collect a burried prize, then return to the surface. You can run, jump, dig straight down, or dig sideways. In order to complete a stage, you need to make sure that you leave an escape route. For example, if you just dig straight down to the bottom of the screen you'll be stuck at the bottom of a deep hole with no way to climb/jump back out.

As a wrinkle, the game features boulders which block your path. You can destroy them from above (with jackhammer) or push them from the sides.

Monsters include bats, goblins, and fireball spewing devils. All crushable with boulders, of course.

Levels are split up into separate puzzly and arcadey sets.

The latest beta includes a new "Creative Mode" which lets you set up and try your own levels.

6. Stroffolino

Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Mr. Dig has a release date! It should be available worldwide this upcoming Thursday (19 Nov 2015).

Here's a link to the uncensored App Preview. For the official (approved) trailer, I had to remove a monster-squishing animation which I didn't think was particularly controversial, but no biggie.