Greetings. OpenFeint Questionare,

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SleepingLionheart, Mar 17, 2011.

1. SleepingLionheart

SleepingLionheart New Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Musician & OpenFeint Moderator
    Bat Country
    My name is SleepingLionheart and I'm a moderator alongside Zincous on OpenFeint. So I'm here wondering;

What are your favorite OpenFeint enabled games?

Do you prefer OF or Game Channel? Why?

Do you use OpenFeint for achievements, high scores or social? (chats & forums)

If you're a dev., do you plan to enable OpenFeint into your upcoming games? If you already have one, what is it?

Let me add that this looks like an excellent little forum, but I find it ironic that it's based on iDevice touch games but has no mobile site. XD

-Lionheart

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Welcome! Sorry the first reply has to be a negative one, but I'll always choose Game Center over OF.
    Three main reasons really:

1) OF pops up a bunch of screens when I start up a new game and I find them annoying, I wish the whole thing could just activate itself in the background without me having to confirm it all.

2) The GUI isn't terribly well thought out, or maybe that was the plan? To constantly trick me into tapping the advertisement when I'm trying to hit the X and close it?

3) It's slower.

With those things improved I'd have no problem with OF, but until then, other services just do it better.

Nice sig by the way, not sure if that's a reference to the book, film, or song but they're all awesome ;)

3. samje

samje Member

Oct 13, 2010
    We used OpenFeint in our game, Poker Invaders, for leaderboards and achievements. It's been pretty good in terms of features and I'm glad we chose to use it together with Game Center rather than Game Center alone. Eg, we wanted to store the number of invaders beaten together with the score and this couldn't be done with Game Center. Also, OpenFeint allowed us to display highscores on our website (www.pokerinvaders.com). One criticism would be lack of API documentation. I had to go digging through the sample application to find out how to do certain things.

I don't mind the initial startup screen. It's way better than the Game Center popup that doesn't even let the user know what it's for.

Favourite games that use OpenFeint:

League of Evil
    Tiny Wings
    Minotron: 2112
    Hook World
    Dungeon Raid