One of the best game ideas of all time (imo)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ShadowsFall, Jan 26, 2010.

1. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    |---------------------------------------------------|
    |~~~~ZOMBIE TOP-DOWN SHOOTER (MMORPG)~~~~|
    |---------------------------------------------------|
    (Sorry about that :D, it should get some of your attention)

ATTENTION: Okay, so lets start out, I don't want any developer steal my idea UNLESS they have the permission to do so, and I get a piece of credit off of it :D...

Lets start!

Well I have this wonderful game idea that can acually help developers big time. It starts out like this, do you guys remember the game Alive-4-Ever? If you didn't, then I absolutely recommend you getting that game (for the iPod/iPhone :D). Okay, so if you add that type of game style (Top down shooter), with a RPG game, AND with online gameplay, you get one hell of a game!

Okay, so the gameplay has zombies in it, large amounts of loot, a great story, and multiplayer integration.

-Single Player (Not done thinking yet >_>):There should be a Single player mode with a story included, I'm a gamer myself so I do know what gamers really like. The story has to be over 7+ hours long. The loot is exactly like Dangerlands (RPG/FPS game), with thousands of weapon combinations randomly set up (this has been possible, with a game called Necromancer Rising for the iPod/iPhone), there should be attributes like those Asian RPG games with Strength, Wisdom, Defense, etc. with a skill tree, like placing turrets, ability to place barricades, etc., there should be a level cap to balance things out, and there should be shirts/shorts/hats, you name it.

-Multiplayer (also not done): So, there's going be large servers and the ability to bring your characters with you from single player, to multiplayer. You can also bring your characters from server to server, instead of making a brand new one. Since there's a level cap, there's no need to worry about someone being level 120,123,424 with a leaderboard of #1. With a large amounts of loot, there needs to be a way to hold more items, and that's where the bank* takes place.

-You will have the ability to set up stalls for trading

-In Multiplayer, Parties (groups of people gathered to fight someone/something) can be organized for PvE(Player vs. Enviornment) or PvP (Player vs. Player/Player vs. Party), with the maximum of 5 members.

-When looting (gathering items) you will have safety of your items for 30 seconds, before it becomes a free for all, but to equal things out, the 30 seconds will only apply to a low level, once your getting to a high level, it's a free for all (anyone can take the items for grabs).

*Banks can have a code in so that some uber noob doesn't hack your account, and to acually make them hold more items, you need a subscription fee. I will talk to you about that later.

-The game will be free (against piracy), BUT subscription has a price of about $6 each month (using Apple's Pay to download content)

-The subscription can make your bank bigger, have better loots, and have different zombies to kill.

-The classes you can choose is the...

Swordsman - ability to use stronger melee weapons/swords, useful if there's way too many zombies "raping" you, or good for PvP/PvE.

Cleric - ability to heal/buff/revive using "healing guns" (increase their health/strength/etc. for a short amount of time).

Tanker - Superb defense, but weak in several things. Great for PvE especially.

Sharpshooter - ability to use stronger guns, but with weak defense. Great for PvP because of their range.

-The graphics: I know some people will lag like crazy for a 3D game, so if it has the graphics like GTA: Chinatown Wars (I would assume you all know what that is), then that would put out some lag, or if it had graphics like Alive-4-Ever, that can be good too (not as much eye-candy).

-Weapons/armor/etc.: (if I say guns, i mean weapons,armor,etc.)You need to be a specific level to use guns/swords, so that people won't abuse them, you will also need the right class (for the rare guns) to use them too. You will be able to "gem" your sword.

-This is NOT done yet, I will improve on this if I have enough time to do so-

2. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    No offense, but if you don't work for some big-name company, if you actually somehow create a game like that, it just makes you sound like you just played Zenonia and Alive 4Ever and really liked them, so you felt like combining them. It's not an original idea, don't explain that you need credit.
    Sorry to spoil the thunder.

3. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    #3 ShadowsFall, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
    Lol, it's used for comparing, i'm not saying that I can take all the credit for the idea, but no one has acually thought about the combinations of the ideas, so until someone has already posted a idea like this, I may have the free will of posting it onto forums, just for the heck of it.

I was going to explain to you guys that the game may need help from "big developers" I know it's difficult to create a game like this.

Besides, it's just an idea, let me remind you about Gameloft and their games.

4. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    Actually, I used to play a browser MMO ALOT like this. This is it, I believe. It's been quite awhile since I last logged on though.

http://www.deadfrontier.com/

Just a port of something like this probably wouldn't hurt the platform. 2D Counter-Strike would also be easily doable, but it isn't exactly an MMO, just an online top-down shooter.