Direct name search a disaster

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#1 Syndicated Puzzles, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    A week ago we released an universal app called HD Weather. When I search for the app using HD Weather as my search on iTunes it shows up on page five for iPad and page nine for iPhone.

When an exact match is being searched it has to at least show up somewhere on page 1 not page 9

Never used to be like this. We are seriously contemplating entering the apps name in the keywords as a precaution. Our suspicion is that the name of the app is no longer weighted the way it use to be during a search.

I think some research and experimentation is needed to find out what Apple changed.

2. chunkyguy

chunkyguy Active Member

May 16, 2011
    India
    I suspect Apple is giving more weight to app publishers with better history at AppStore, in order to kill spammers.

BTW I tried searching your app in iOS 5.x, the top one is 'Weather HD Free' by vimov LLC, is that your app?

[​IMG]

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

chunkyguy, the app name is HD Weather as you found out impossible to find.

Your analysis is spot on. The store really doesn't seem to care about new releases anymore taking the wind out of our sales. Just another change making small developers invisible.