5 promo codes for Word Mess

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by DangerousYams, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Took forth code. Thanks a lot.

2. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Got the second one. Thank you!

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Codes are gone, game looks cool and unique :)

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #6 cloudpuff, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Bought this game a while back, it's still on my device along with letterpress.

I enjoyed playing this and competing with my sister in law who thinks she is a smart arse but I beat her all the time ☺️

With this game you don't think if words, in fact the words you are looking for are already there, you just gotta find them quickly. I like that it's not to easy just to sail through as you have to actually read the words and find ones related to a certain theme, I got stuck at the Greek alphabet and chemical elimentsbut I liked that I can learn the ones I didn't know and do much better when that category comes up. I'd love to seea. Child's mode, or even a child's version of the game as my 8 year old loved the earlier levels but when it got to categories that she's not familiar with she struggled.

Edited, just noticed the ad says great for kids, I may have missed an update so will check, but if not I think this gets tricky for kids, I see the Asia category in the ad above and while my daughter knows Asia is a continent she would really struggle to get all the countries.

If you like word games then I'd commend trying this one out, its different to most other word games.

5. DangerousYams

DangerousYams Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Hi cloudpuff,
    Thanks for such insightful feedback.
    I am so glad you like Word Mess.
    A kids version has been requested by many of our players and we are definitely planning on making one.
    Some of the things in the kids version would be
    - the option to play without time pressure
    - easier categories
    - numbers
    - pictures embedded in within words!
    - ability to add your own words!
    We are excited about these features.
    Stay tuned!
    Masala Games

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    The ability to add your own words would be brilliant, that way parents can adapt the words to be challenging but achievable for individual children, pictures are a great idea for younger kids too, you could education categories as well as fun ones such moshi monster names. I'll defiantly purchase if you ever make one. Will be keeping my eyes open.

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #9 Lavender, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Hello. Unfortunately, I was unable to grab a code in time but, wanted to post a reply to you regarding this for kids.

I am a therapeutic foster parent. I work with kids in other capacities as well. I mostly work with special needs behavioral children. Some are are actually teenagers but mentally around 3 or 4. I make games all the time. Physical paper & board games. Not apps. Have never been able to figure that one out. Probally too busy any way... ( ha ha. That's jealousy talking)

I think a great idea would be to make your game in different categories. Ie: teeth brushing, stranger danger, manners, proper emotional response, etc...
    Make sure the words are with pictures. This would hit the market for pre-school & DD ( developmentally delayed)

Don't forget the attention spans of the younger ones. Sometimes it's only 5 minutes. If you pay attention to television programs for preschool & young kids, you'll see that it is all in segments. The activity will be maybe just a couple minutes ( more or less depending on targeted age group) & then it will change to something else. Sometimes the music tempo will change as well. Sometimes it goes to fast activity then slow then fast again. This is how they keep their attention. Also, young kids love themes. Colorful words means nothing but cute colors. Instead of a bunch of different designs, ( monster, puppy, balloons) on a page stick to 1 thing on that page that is done in different ways. Ie: all puppies or all balloons. If theres too many different pictures with no similarities, young kids can very easily get distracted and lose interest.

Also, I love the idea that you wrote for the kids version, option to play without time pressure (very important) and the ability to add your own words. That would be helpful for me when it comes to any kind of lesson being taught. And I believe that it could help in a therapeutic setting as well. Especially to help kids not forget where they came from if they've lost their families or lost their home in a fire. (I've seen both)

I can see the opportunity of extra value for you by selling packages of themes on a website. Someone's lost pet. Or personalized with the child's name. Etc....

Hopefully this is helpful. Please forgive me if you think I'm overstepping my bounds. Everyone here at touch arcade has been so friendly and I just want to be able to give back as well.

Take care and good luck.
    Looks very promising.
    -Lavender

8. DangerousYams

DangerousYams Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Hi Lavender,
    I just PM'd you a promo code for Word Mess.
    I'd love to know what you think of the game.

Thanks for some great insights in your post above.
    I found that bit about engagement really interesting.
    I care about player engagement a lot and there are many subtle things in Word Mess- timing, animation, interaction and even sound that are all tuned to keep the player in the zone.

Ultimately if you have a highly educational app/activity that's not engaging, it's value to the player is low. But even a little bit of educational value in a highly engaging app will yield a lot of value for the player. So I strive for engagement first!

I will keep your other notes in mind. You are not overstepping at all. This is incredibly useful.

Thanks!
    Masala Games

9. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Thank you so much for your generosity!

You wrote: "even a little bit of educational value in a highly engaging app will yield a lot of value for the player."
    I agree & wanted to add, parents love to sneak in extra education in something that kids think are only fun. LOL!

If you ever want someone to test your kid version, including kids of multiple ages trying it as well, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Good luck. I truly see much value to your work & can see the love & hard work you've put into it.

-Lavender