How has Resident Evil: Platinum held up?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I know the game was released eons ago (in ios time), but it will be on sale for 99 cents and I'm considering picking it up. Anyone played it with the most recent update? I never did play this game on a console, and was wondering if it is, essentially, the full game.

On a side note, despite not showing up on Appshopper, I'm pretty sure I scored this for free once. Well, that's another topic.

Is it worthwhile, and does anyone know if it's been retina-ized?

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #2 Primoz, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    I like zombies and I like shooters (and big fan of RE movies) - so checked this out some time ago. It is a full version, but I don't know it the game supports retina (since I don't have a retina display).

But personally I didn't like the game (probably because of controls) and the gameplay seemed quiet dull to me. But I can say that it's definitely worth 1 buck.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    That's a bit of a stretch. It's definitely not the console game ported to iOS if that's what you're suggesting. It's a "lite" version of that, but it's pretty low-budget. If RE4 on consoles was AAA, this is C- at best. If you're looking for another guilty pleasure, this is absolutely worth the buck they're asking for it right now. It's a cool, little novelty -- nothing more, really.