Twewy vs war of the lions!!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by big_pimpin_293, Jan 22, 2013.

1. big_pimpin_293

big_pimpin_293 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Ok guys I'm thinking about buying my first big (above 4.99 usd) iOS game. I think I have narrowed it down to final fantasy tactics: war of the lions and the world ends with you: solo remix (but feel free to suggest others). I was just wondering from those of u who actually own both games or either, which you think is worth the purchase. I'm running and iPhone 4 if that helps. Main issue with war of the lions is its buggy I think. Main issue with twewy is that it might be too short (correct me if I'm wrong on this one)?

Tl;dr should I get war of the lions, or twewy?

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Wow...I'm not sure I could choose. On the one hand, FFT (WotL version) was probably the most satisfying story in a video game I've ever played. On the other hand, TWEWY touches on some excellent metaphysical subject matter, not to mention bringing some truly inspirational elements to RPGs in general (the DS version, anyway -- the version I personally played).

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

3. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I've played both versions of TWEWY and I found the iOS version to be an improvement, mainly because the top screen part of combat was my least favorite part of the game, the iOS touch screen is better than the DS's and the iOS version plays the game at a considerably higher resolution. I only have played the PS1 version of FFT though, so I don't know how well that converted; I've heard mixed things.

I don't know how long TWEWY is really, as there's no timer. I think it's shortish for an RPG, maybe 20 hours to beat. There's a lot to do though and mess around with. FFT is certainly longer; there's no question of that.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well the grind in FFT could be tiresome if you are playing on an idevice, and that isnt necessary on TWEWY.

But between these two champions, i have to say choose whether you want more of a strategy game (FFT), or more of an RPG game (TWEWY). You cant go wrong with either. Both are worth their asking prices, and should be a great addition to your library.

As for other above $5 purchases, here are some good choices:

RPGs:
    Chaos Rings (1, Omega and 2)
    Drakerider (free to download, IAP to unlock the full game)
    FF1
    FF2
    FF3
    FF4
    FF: Dimensions
    Ravensword 2

Non-RPGs:
    The Walking Dead (IAP to unlock all chapters)
    Dead Space
    MC4
    MC3

I didnt mention other games from other genres, but you seem to like RPGs and i strongly suggest getting the Chaos Rings series above the others in the list.