Ascendance

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Yetiden Games, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Yetiden Games

Yetiden Games New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Yetiden Games
    #1 Yetiden Games, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

Greetings,

Ascendance is a geopolitical strategy game for iOS. Our goal is take an accurate model of real world systems (economics, politics, military, culture, etc), and condense it into the iPhone screen. You will manage and customize your country in order to defeat your opponent(s).

Your goal is to gain ascendance, or a fifty percent score majority, over your opponent. That score is the sum of seven main stats: economy, culture, military, tech, population, international opinion, and popular support. Your path to victory, then, can involve any approach you choose. If your opponent chooses to try for military domination, you can outproduce her with a strong economy and get your victory majority by funneling some of those vast funds into arts and culture programs within your borders. If your opponent tries for a tech victory, get the court of international opinion on your side by pointing out the horrors of technological advance while destabilizing his popular support through black ops within his borders.

Ascendance will allow you to select from 20 regions around the world and compete against your friends. Ever wish to prove to your friends that capitalism is the best way to run a country? Or, maybe communist policies will give you an edge to military victory? You are the president, shape your country how you wish. Have you ever wished to write your own constitution? You can even create your own religion to benefit your own goals! Ascendance takes a new look at strategy gaming. Things like economics, politics and culture play a major role in the foundation of the game.

To give you more of an idea of our game, it resembles Democracy 3, Civilization 5, Fate of the World, Risk (board game), Plague (iOS), and Pandemic (iOS).

Obstacles: The biggest obstacle we are having is the UI. Since the game is going to be initially released on the iPhone, we have to figure out the best way to display all of the content. We need it to be simple enough so the user doesn't get lost in pages and pages of information. We do have a plan though, and you should start seeing images next week. The design is clean and practical, but we won't know how well it works until we put it through testing.

We are wrapping up the planning stage, and hope to be in alpha around mid to late Feb. We need your help to make this thing happen. Leave comments and ideas and I will try to answer as soon as possible. It may be hard to picture such an in depth game this early on, but I will keep you informed as things progress.

For more information, check out the following links:

http://www.yetiden.com/ascendance/
    https://www.facebook.com/yetiden
    https://twitter.com/yetiden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Fm7VcLur4

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds very interesting I love deep strategic games.

3. Yetiden Games

Yetiden Games New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Yetiden Games
    We have been working on Ascendance for the last month and have finally got to the point of screenshots.

[​IMG]

This image shows the military map. The colors will change according to the selected system (i.e. military, government, information, etc).

[​IMG]

This is the economics system. When you click on an icon, it will expand its subcategories. Also, connecting lines are drawn to other industries that are directly effecting it.

How do you like the layout? Design?

4. arrow123

arrow123 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I'd just like to say that this game looks awesome, and if you need beta testers you got one right here. Also, I'm a bit colorblind and the colors of the (I believe) red country and the map in the first screenshot are a bit similar.
    Thanks,
    Arrow

5. Yetiden Games

Yetiden Games New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Yetiden Games
    Thanks for your inquiry, the colors of the country will be user selected when setting up a new game. We just chose a couple for experiment purposes. But, thank you for reminding us to keep the colors distinguished enough for color blind people. Oh, and there will also be flags for each country. The player will also be able to create their own flag if they wish to do so.