What's the difference between all the iOS sims games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anonomation, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I wanted to pickup one of the old sims games from the AppStore (free play is just frustrating) but I don't know the differences between
    The sims 3
    The sims 3 medieval
    The sims 3 world adventures
    And the sims 3 ambitions
    Could someone give me some details on each?

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Unfortunately, they're all far worse than the F2P version. EA stopped updating them with new features ages ago.

In terms of specific gameplay differences, they all play relatively similar. All are far more stripped down than F2P or the real sims 3 games.

3. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Ambitions is the best one because it has the most features jobs etc. I don't know about medieval tough. And I'm not sure if they'd work with iOS 7

4. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Every sims game is different, i can say they are like the pc sims game. Something like DLC's

5. Devlin234

Devlin234 Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Oh i used to love to play the sims games on ios! I played all of them, and i will try my best to tell you the key differences :)

The sims 3: Just the plain sims. Nothing really different in this one.

The sims 3 medieval: Its almost exactly like the sims 3, but all the object/clothing/characters are replaced with items that give it more medieval feel...

The Sims 3 World adventures: This one was awesome. The main difference with this one is you can travel to different cities around the world and stay in hotels, and you can also purchase furniture and clothing from the different cities and cultures and place them down in your house. I really recommend this one.

The Sims 3 Ambitions: This one was awesome too. There are many different professions in this one, and you have to climb the career ladder to get to the top. The other cool thing about this one is, in all the other sims games, you cannot create your own house. You can only upgrade it. You cannot create rooms, or delete walls or anything like that. But in the sims 3 ambitions you can create your own house!

TL;DR: Get the sims 3 world adventures or/and the sims 3 ambitions. They are, in my opinion, the best ones.

6. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    The Sims 3 is the plain Sims 3 game. you get a job, you have a house, you can marry someone but you cannot have kids, go to other places, etc.

The Sims 3 medieval is like Sims 3 but everything is now ''medieval style" and working can either be a pain in the ass or be fun. You'll have to find people and ask for quests which will bring you money.

The Sims 3 World adventures. The City has changed a little bit from plain Sims 3 (changed in a good way), and now you can travel to other cities too!

The Sims 3 Ambitions. The Citiy is like World Adventure's city, this time you cannot travel but there are lots of jobs!

I'd recommend World Adventures/Ambitions just like the guy above me

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Thanks and cheers to all :)