best rts game with multiplayer?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dsanch3z77, Jan 20, 2010.

1. dsanch3z77

dsanch3z77 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    i'm looking for an RTS game with good single player and also good multiplayer, if anyone can help :D

2. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Warfare Inc. reigns supreme as the best RTS on the system.

Is it old? Yes...and it's survived the test of time.
    With literally hundreds of free maps and campaigns to download, as well as a huge playerbase to ensure you will always find someone on multiplayer, it packs enormous replay value and endless competition.

Add in the map editing feature and silky-smooth framerate and you have yourself a winner.

It's flaws?
    It is not the most visually stunning game in genre. It's graphics are dated and it shows. On the positive side, units are easily distinguishable and there is almost never any lag, even with immense amounts of on-screen clutter.

As a big RTS fan (C- on Iccup, yeaaaaaa baby!), I can safely say that this is the ONLY rts on the iphone (that I have played, at least) that feels like a true RTS...that is, where the interface and options do not feel like they have been drastically limited or dumbed down to conform to a touch screen.

If graphics are secondary and the level of competition, balance and variety/replayability are your main draws, this game beats them all...by a massive margin.

It's currently on sale in the Itunes store for $.99, which is a steal, considering the immense amount of content and competition.

Do it. Do it now!

3. deenybird

deenybird Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    /\ perfectly said.
    definitely grab it now. At $.99 it's not going to get any cheaper.

4. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    #4 onewithchaos, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
    My review on Red Conquest!

Warfare inc is a SUPERB game especially at .99 BUT red conquest! is a better game on every level....so far its only got local/bluetooth but multiplayer is a sure thing. its 3.99 but it is a great great game with smart AI for kirmishes with up to 7 AI and 2 completely free factions

SPOILER; highlight

and a third green unit coming up