Best sudoku app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RichardMagpies, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Pretty straightforward question, looking for something soothing with a crapload of puzzles like UnblockMe

2. Tilly321

Tilly321 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
  3. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Sudoku Joy is a good one too.

4. packermatt

packermatt Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Have to agree -- Sudoku Joy is great for beginners and experts. It also includes some solving techniques that are very useful.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    This has been asked a number of times in the past, and do looking at some forum searches will help you find a number of opinions. My favorite is Big Bad Sudoku Book for the best UI, and for unlimited puzzles. If you don't mind daily puzzles (having to wait for new puzzles everyday), 5 Daily Puzzles gives you 4 daily puzzles, of 5 different kinds - Sudoku, Str8ts, Kakuro, Jigsaw Sudoku, and Killer Sudoku. The advantage of these are they are all hand checked, as these are also produced for newspapers, magazines, and so the quality of the puzzles is difficult to match by apps that have algorithms for unlimited generation.

Sudoku joy is popular, I found it OK. Jason Linhart makes it and a paid version which I have heard is better. Astroware also makes a very good Sudoku app.

Much of your enjoyment is likely going to come from what features are most important. UI? Tutorials? Ability to import puzzles? Daily puzzles? Etc. if you can put some of those thoughts you will get some better answers, at least from me. There are hundreds of Sudoku apps, and so the features are what separate favorites at least for me. My favs are the ones mentioned above.

7. thumbwizards

thumbwizards New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Thumb Wizards makes gorgeous Sudoku games. ;)

8. bluewalrus

bluewalrus New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Yeah, practically all sudoku games are hideous. Pennypop's sudoku looks great though. it's free too which is always a plus.

9. iOSborne

iOSborne Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    im satisfied with my Sudoku (Finger Arts).. i had it on my old iTouch2.