Toki Tori 2! Two Tribes is working on the long-awaited sequel!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TwoTribes, Oct 18, 2011.

1. TwoTribes

TwoTribes Well-Known Member

Exactly ten years after the release of Toki Tori for Game Boy Color, we are proud to announce the development of Toki Tori 2!

Toki Tori will be released in Spring 2012, first for the PC and Mac, but don't worry iOS devices will follow shortly :)

We want all the fans out there to be a part of our development! You will get direct access to the developers through Twitter, regular blog updates on all facets of game development and access to playable early versions from day one.
    For more information and to sign up, please visit:
    http://2trib.es/tokitori2

Cheers!

2. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Now this I am looing forward to!! :)

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Great news! I really enjoyed Toki Tori. It is definitely one of the most challenging puzzle games. Some things that I thought could have been improved upon:

1. Have a pause and look around feature. The two finger swipe was super-cumbersome.
    2. The Bubble Barrage levels were extremely huge. It was very difficult to play those levels on the iPod. Challenging is fine, but a "big" level is difficult because you can't correlate things on different ends of the level, because you can't see them together.
    3. It should be possible to see the whole level in one screen, no matter how big. Should be enabled through a full zoom out feature, or by having a "map" feature which shows a simpler legend based view of the entire level.
    4. Universal version please!

5. Tubbers

Tubbers Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Can't wait - Toki Tori is one of my all time favourite games!

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  7. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Two Tribes Games announced they're rebooting to a much smaller new team today, and that the old indie game group is no more. I asked what this meant for the future of Toki Tori 2, because I'd been hoping to see it come to iPhone and iPad, and they responded that no more ports of this game were planned. Anyone hoping to see this great game on iOS is stuck with the Mac version for the foreseeable future. iOS development will no longer follow. :(