Fieldrunners series holiday sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by niezam, Dec 19, 2012.

1. niezam

niezam Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    App Store
    Fieldrunners 2 ($2.99 -> $.99)
    Fieldrunners 2 HD ($7.99 -> $2.99)

Fieldrunners ($2.99 -> $.99)
    Fieldrunners for iPad ($7.99 -> $2.99)

Fieldrunners 2

Subatomic Studios, LLC
    OVERVIEW The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    OVERVIEW The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD! Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense now! KEY FEATURES • Gorgeous artwork at full Retina resolution! • Tons of levels - countless hours of action! • 20 unique, upgradable weapons! • Revolutionary AI with stunning realism! • Pick the perfect weapons for each battle! • Air strikes, mines, and powerful items! • Refreshing game modes, which include Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps! • Trenches, bridges, and tunnels! • Elite enemies invade at the most unexpected times! • iCloud support lets you transfer saves between your devices! • A tower that launches bee hives! OFFICIAL TRAILER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6AK8w50354 AWARDS • Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day • GameTrailers - App of the Day • G4TV - Best Mobile Games • Macworld - Editors’ Choice • 148Apps - Editor’s Choice • Slide to Play - Game of the Month • AppAdvice - Game of the Week • Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week • TUAW - App of the Day QUOTES • IGN: “One of the best iOS games of 2012” • Penny Arcade: "This is a game that everyone needs to try" • New York Times: "At last we have a sequel!" • G4TV: “You need to download this game immediately” • TouchArcade: “It will eat your soul and have you thanking it” • CNET: “You will love this game” • The Verge/Polygon: “One of the strongest TD games I’ve ever played” • 148Apps: “The king of tower defense returns!” • GamesBeat: “Innovating and redefining tower defense” • Apple’N’Apps: “The best game we saw at E3” CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS • Twitter: @Fieldrunners • Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners • Web: subatomicstudios.com • Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum • Tech Support: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com THANK YOU Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing! Please take a moment to rate Fieldrunners 2.
    Information
    Seller:Subatomic Studios, LLC
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Jul 19, 2012
    Updated:Apr 11, 2018
    Version:1.9.180445
    Size:87.2 MB
    User Rating: (36)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Fieldrunners 2 for iPad

Subatomic Studios, LLC
    OVERVIEW The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the …
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    OVERVIEW The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD! Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense now! KEY FEATURES • Gorgeous artwork at full Retina resolution! • Tons of levels - countless hours of action! • 20 unique, upgradable weapons! • Revolutionary AI with stunning realism! • Pick the perfect weapons for each battle! • Air strikes, mines, and powerful items! • Refreshing game modes, which include Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps! • Trenches, bridges, and tunnels! • Elite enemies invade at the most unexpected times! • iCloud support lets you transfer saves between your devices! • A tower that launches bee hives! OFFICIAL TRAILER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6AK8w50354 AWARDS • Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day • GameTrailers - App of the Day • G4TV - Best Mobile Games • Macworld - Editors’ Choice • 148Apps - Editor’s Choice • Slide to Play - Game of the Month • AppAdvice - Game of the Week • Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week • TUAW - App of the Day QUOTES • IGN: “One of the best iOS games of 2012” • Penny Arcade: "This is a game that everyone needs to try" • New York Times: "At last we have a sequel!" • G4TV: “You need to download this game immediately” • TouchArcade: “It will eat your soul and have you thanking it” • CNET: “You will love this game” • The Verge/Polygon: “One of the strongest TD games I’ve ever played” • 148Apps: “The king of tower defense returns!” • GamesBeat: “Innovating and redefining tower defense” • Apple’N’Apps: “The best game we saw at E3” CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS • Twitter: @Fieldrunners • Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners • Web: subatomicstudios.com • Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum • Tech Support: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com THANK YOU Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing! Please take a moment to rate Fieldrunners 2.
    Information
    Seller:Subatomic Studios, LLC
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Sep 13, 2012
    Updated:May 10, 2017
    Version:1.9.177609
    Size:371.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (15)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. CausticXD

CausticXD Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Technologist
    Ooohh just grabbed Fieldrunners 2 HD. Good stuff. Thanks.

3. Did they fix all those crashing problems? Hmm, should I get this?

4. CausticXD

CausticXD Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Technologist
    I'm not entirely sure of the crashes people were experiencing, but I've played through a few missions on my device without any issues. It's one of my favorite TD titles so there weren't any second guessing when I saw the price point dropped by 5 bucks.

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    What about the coin store? I the game properly balanced still?

6. xraydash

xraydash Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2012
    I haven't played either of these. Should I start with the first or skip it and jump to the second? I'm playing on an iPad 3 if it makes a difference.

7. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I'm wondering the same... if this game is more or less "IAP-free" or does progression seem to come to a halting grind after a while...

8. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Exactly what I was thinking too. IAP is what's been stopping me from buying this all along. I wonder why subatomic decided to change their business model from the original Field Runners? I'd much rather just be able to buy a game & play it & not have to worry about IAP or grinding if I choose to not buy into IAP.

9. Atomic_Leo

Atomic_Leo Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Though we support IAP, it is optional- the game was fully designed to work without the use of IAP. Progression never halts, all achievements, towers, items and maps are available through the normal progression of a premium game. :)

10. Jet_Black

Sep 19, 2012
    But the game is still broken! I just purchased this & it continues to freeze after taking ages to load a level, I thought this game was meant to be fixed... Very poor show subatomic. I was duped into buying this because of the sale, Deleted already... I've learnt my lesson.

11. MarkDF

MarkDF Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    As somebody who posted a very similar concern and a decision not to buy because of this, I feel it's important to do a follow up post. I picked up FieldRunners 2 a bit ago and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't and won't be buying in IAP. Currently I have beaten all maps on Tough (the three levels are Casual, Tough, and Heroic) and a few on Heroic.

Yes, buying coins through IAP would make things easier, but at this point in playing the game, easier would mean buying the victory.

Final story: IAP is not necessary at all. And I do appreciate not being pestered to buy coins through IAP at all.

12. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Field Runners 2 HD is the version that has crashing problems.

13. acrotran

Jul 31, 2010
    Which iPad do you have?

14. Jet_Black

Sep 19, 2012
    iPad 3 running iOS 6.

15. acrotran

Jul 31, 2010
    Thanks. That's what I have. I decided to go with the iPhone version.

16. jps1012

jps1012 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I have the is there enough content to buy both versions and play with iCloud saves? Or should I stick with the iPhone version. Thanks.

17. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    You don't need to worry about IAP, I and plenty of others have done every level on heroic with no items although some of the towers will take a while to unlock.

18. AtomicAlec

AtomicAlec Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. Have you tried powering down your device and closing all apps running in the background? Fieldrunners 2 HD uses serious amounts of memory, so you need to free up space before playing like with any memory intensive game (ie Horn).

If the problem persists, try quitting the game, going to Settings>Fieldrunners 2 HD and turn off Retina Graphics and 32-Bit Graphics. Not a permanent fix, but if that stops the crashing, that tells you with certainty that other apps are running in the background and using up memory.

Let me know how it goes. Happy to help you out!