Flight Control --> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by iND, Dec 10, 2011.

1. iND

iND Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    #1 iND, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

Flight Control

✈ NEW: STORM AIRFIELD! ✈ REWIND FEATURE! ✈
    Flight Control is a must-have App Store classic. It's the incredibly sim…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ✈ NEW: STORM AIRFIELD! ✈ REWIND FEATURE! ✈
    Flight Control is a must-have App Store classic. It's the incredibly simple, yet insanely addictive worldwide #1 game from Firemint that invented the "line drawing" genre. Over 4,000,000 copies sold – don’t miss out, play all six unique maps in the original and best today!
    ----------------------------------------
    ✈ Macworld awarded Flight Control an extremely rare 5 out of 5 mice: "The unique gameplay is perfectly suited to the device, and I am hopelessly addicted."
    ✈ Pocket Gamer: “Flight Control is one of those essential games that you'll continually return to and will remain on your iPhone forever”
    ✈ Touch Arcade: “the winning balance of easy pick-up gameplay, ramping difficulty and tickling the need to try ‘just one more time’”
    Air traffic control is the world's most stressful job, but not for you. You don't need heading angles, flight rules or meteorological reports, you're a natural! A prodigy! A born controller!

✔ Incredibly easy to learn! Just touch and drag the aircraft to their landing zones and avoid collisions.
    ✔ Insanely addictive – it only takes a minute to get started, but it’s impossible to stop!
    ✔ NEW MAP – Storm Airfield! A thunderstorm is wreaking havoc, striking aircraft with lightning – zapped aircraft cannot be redirected for a short time!
    ✔ NEW FEATURE – Rewind! Purchase rewinds to turn back time - revert disaster and earn higher scores
    ✔ Fly solo, or share landing duties with a friend - online via Game Center on iOS4.2, over local Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth
    ✔ Turn on the voice chat option to talk with the other controller when in online multiplayer mode (off by default)
    ✔ Aim for a new personal best or compete against other Flight Controllers in online leaderboards
    ✔ Earn achievements when you complete challenges, including the new ‘Thunderstruck’ achievement for the Storm Airfield
    ✔ Visit all 6 airfields including Beach, Original, Windy, Australian Outback, Aircraft Carrier and the new Storm Airfield each with unique characteristics and challenges!
    ✔ Featuring 10 aircraft types including jets, helicopters and seaplanes!
    So welcome aboard, please sit back, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the mayhem – treat yourself and buy Flight Control now, or surprise a friend and Gift This App!
    ⓘ For the latest inside info from Firemint, join us on our site, Facebook or Twitter! Please report bugs on our support site so we can assist you - visit www.firemint.com for links and details.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Mar 06, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  3. salty

salty Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    woot been waiting for this! here's a HD version which is also gonna be free :)

Flight Control HD

You’re an air traffic controller at an increasingly busy airport: just touch and drag aircraft to their landing zones. S…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    You’re an air traffic controller at an increasingly busy airport: just touch and drag aircraft to their landing zones. Sounds easy? You’ll need nerves of steel and smart strategy to keep the chaos under control! Flight Control HD has been especially redesigned for iPad, with all the iPhone content plus new ways to play, new maps and new graphics. It’s insanely addictive – easy to start, but impossible to stop, so get it now and find out what everyone is raving about!

★ Apple Design Award for “innovative gameplay, outstanding use of Multi-Touch, and superb attention to detail”
    ★ 5/5 Macworld: “iPad gamers have their first must-buy title”
    ★ 4/4 Slide to Play: “one that you absolutely cannot miss”
    ★ 9/10 Pocketgamer Gold Award: “one of portable gaming's greatest”
    ★ 8/10 IGN: “one of the best”

On iPhone, Flight Control is the pioneering worldwide hit that invented the line drawing genre and sold more than 4,000,000 copies. Now on iPad, it has new high-quality retro style graphics throughout, 9 maps of varying difficulty including 4 new larger HD maps, new ways to play and support for iOS 5.

✓ NEW ► Moon Base Map
    ✓ NEW ► Rewind Feature
    ✓ NEW ► ‘Bumper’ achievement
    ✓ Moon Base map featuring four new spacecraft! Land shuttles, satellites, rockets and UFOs while avoiding asteroids – small asteroids knock you off course, but collide with a large asteroid and it’s game over!
    ✓ ‘Bumper’ achievement – hit 15 small asteroids on Moon Base
    ✓ Rewind! Purchase rewinds to turn back time - revert disaster and earn higher scores

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
    Invite a friend to play one of the 5 classic maps over the Internet via Game Center, or be auto-matched to a random player anywhere in the world!*

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER
    Share landing duties with a friend! Pass planes to each other to see what score you can reach together on the 5 classic maps.

ONE iPAD – TWO PLAYERS!
    Only have one iPad? Work together to land aircraft with a co-pilot using Multi-Touch, or compete for the highest score in iPad-exclusive split-screen ”Versus” mode!

GET CONNECTED
    View achievements and leaderboards in-game and submit high scores to see how you rate against players around the world. Link to Facebook and Twitter to automatically post your best scores!*

INSANELY ADDICTIVE
    Flight Control HD only takes a minute to learn, but don’t expect to put it down as quickly as you pick it up!

For the latest inside info from Firemint:
    ► Join us on http://www.facebook.com/flightcontrol
    ► Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/firemint
    ► Visit our site at http://www.firemint.com
    =====
    *Game Center requires iOS4.2 and an internet connection. Online multiplayer via Wi-Fi is dependent on router settings. Contact your network administrator for settings if you experience problems. Online features require an internet connection.

So welcome aboard, please sit back, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the mayhem on the big screen – treat yourself and buy Flight Control HD now, or surprise a friend and “Gift This App”!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Apr 01, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    What the hell just happened.

5. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    EA was one of the few studios left that didn't do the free price thing.
    This is probably going to screw the ecosystem even more.

6. salty

salty Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    but they did give away some games for their daily deal. (mirror's edge is free right now )
    TA thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2036471

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Are you saying this because Firemint was bought out by EA? EA has already done a few freebies this past week (NFS Shift 2, Mirror's Edge).

Anyway, as a staple on the App Store, surprisingly I never had gotten this. I had Harbor Master which is more-or-less the same type of game, but I'll grab this while it's free.

Thanks OP!

8. Neptunes

Neptunes Active Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Virginia
    One of the few ios classics I don't have. :)

9. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    They screwed this game up with rewind just to let u guys know. Still get it if its free.

10. Wunderkind

Wunderkind Member

Feb 6, 2011
    What am i missing? it still shows $0.99

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Rewind is why it's going free flameon :p

12. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    I know, but this type of greediness ruins high acores and addictiveness

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Still showing 99 cents for me...

14. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Yup, me too.

15. El_Cid

El_Cid Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Romania
    me too - still 0.99

16. iND

iND Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
  17. bluecomb84

bluecomb84 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Debt Collector
    Long Island, NY
    I used to love this game when it first came out but considering how far the app store has come I can't get into it anymore. However, I can't deny the effects it's had on games since. If anything, I view this game as nothing more than a collectors item.

18. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    This game is why i got an ipod touch. Played the demo in the apple store two years and good gravy that time is blacked out dont member much :)

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm pretty sure that they've already pissed off quite a lot of people from their countless 99 cent price drops.

20. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    How the hell did rewinds ruin the game?

It is OPTIONAL. They added it but you don't have to use it; it's still the same game as before. If you're worried about people using it to get better scores on the leaderboards, well, plenty of people hack their scores anyway so that's not really an issue.