Gesundheit! (by Revolutionary Concepts & Konami)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iphoneprogrammer, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK

I quite like the paper maché art style this game has. Should be coming out next week sometime as it has already been submitted to apple. $0.99 for the iPhone and $1.99 for the iPad.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Very nice graphics. Got all excited when i saw the name Konami though (Wish we could get some classic Konami games like Jailbreak etc though).

3. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    #3 DotComCTO, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
    I've been given permission to reply here. My son (he's 9 1/2) and I were both involved in the alpha and beta testing of the game. The video here is definitely just a tease; there's a lot of variety packed into the game. I can assure you that the game is very, very cool and fun to play. The artwork and music direction are fantastic, and the gameplay is great fun, too! IMHO, the whole package is unlike other games I've played on the iOS platform. This is one of those games that'll just suck you in and keep you playing for a long time.

Unfortunately, I've been specifically asked not to talk about gameplay and other details just yet. When I get the "green light" I'll be able to provide more information. I'll just say that this is an excellent game, and it deserves to do very well on the App Store.

More to follow...

:D

--DotComCTO

P.S. If you have any specific questions, just post them here. Of course, I'll run it all by the team first, but I'll try to reply as best as I can.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    All I'll say is this game is brilliant. I finished the entire game 4 times during beta testing and will still go back for more.

5. DotComCTO

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Nice job! The later bits of the game are quite tricky! The game definitely has that "just one more try" thing going for it. I felt that way about Tilt To Live, and I played that game to death! I'm hoping this will be a big hit for the team...they deserve it!

:D

--DotComCTO

6. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Damn that looks good, I love the art style!

7. Blown454

Blown454 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Yeah this game is sooooooooo ...... And the gameplay is absolutely oh so ......... and you'll so wanna go to the ....... and get a ........ But I confess, I must run it by the team as I have never played before, I'll let you know if they'll let me let you know more ..... :confused:

8. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    I used to have this on my computer! Can't remember the gameplay but I think it was great.

9. DotComCTO

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Yes. Exactly.

Seriously though, they'll make their own official announcements. Don't shoot me...I'm just a guy that was lucky enough to be involved in the testing cycle...I'm not an employee! Frankly, the whole development and testing effort was kept very quiet; so, the fact that video was released tells me they're getting ready to make an official announcement...probably soon...so don't get bummed out...and it really is a great game!

:cool:

--DotComCTO

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Love the art style as well. Definitely buying this.

11. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi All,
    We've furbished the TA guys with some screens and some background detail and will circle back around and share more once they have a chance to look at, and once Konami have a chance to make a formal announcement.

Hopefully not long to wait for this one to appear :)

12. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Truly love this! It says coming soon in July! Wow! This Thursday or next?

13. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #13 Revolutionary Concepts, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
    First Screens

- moved to top of thread

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #14 VeganTnT, Jul 20, 2011
    I got a chance to play an early build an absolutely loved it.

The mechanics/objectives of the game are really easy to understand but the application of them blew me away. I've never really played a game like this before and I kept replaying the first stages over and over to get a better ranking.

Not many games can get me to do that.

15. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks VeganTnT we appreciate that a lot! Astute readers might notice there are NO buttons, DPads or UI of any kind to be seen anywhere in these screens, nor does it use tilt controls. Time will tell how well it all works :D

Hopefully TA will have the first hands-on preview up later this week - maybe :p

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Already submitted?! Man I'm so buying it :)

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    So, I'm guessing swipe controls. Right?

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That'd be most obvious...

19. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    but incorrect :p

20. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #20 Revolutionary Concepts, Jul 3, 2011
    The result of a collaboration between ourselves and amazing artist and animator Matt Hammill (to whom we're indebted for trusting us with his great concept), and Konami (easily our favorite publisher ;)) ‘Gesundheit!’ tells the story of an odd little pig with allergies - the runt of the litter, who narrowly escapes being captured when monsters invade his village, and finding courage he never knew he had sets out to rescue his friends!
    Sounds delightful, but it's cute exterior belies some deep arcade puzzle action as you guide our curly-tailed hero on his quest across 40 unique and increasingly challenging levels, filled with mildly gross humor that will appeal to all ages.

iPad Screen
    [​IMG]
    iPhone Screen (zoom mode)
    [​IMG]