Kick the buddy gone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by evol, Dec 23, 2011.

1. evol

evol Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Does anyone know why Kick The Buddy is off the AppStore?

2. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    No idea, but I bought it 2 days ago. Good timing!

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Didn't get it, but had noticed that it was even in the top 10 on the AppStore sales charts. So it's pretty strange that they pulled it unless there's some legal reason behind it.

4. Unreal

Unreal Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Something legal has to be behind it. I had problems with the game and every time I updated my review about my concerns as with others they would never get taken care of. The game was never in the top 50 and the star rating was all over the place. Then all of a sudden you have 4000 five star reviews and no one has issues with the game anymore :confused: BTY, check out the iPad version of the game and that is around what the activity is normally like after each update of the game.

5. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    The game bribed you with in-game currency to give a 5-star rating. I gave it one solely for that reason.

6. Unreal

Unreal Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Oh. I didn't know that. It crashes on me, achievements don't work and IAP are out of hand. You have to spend over $50 to buy most the the content. :rolleyes: That does not get 5 stars even if they offer money.

7. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I bought this because I think it's a success story like Amazing Breaker, but while it seems fun at first, lots of its content must be purchased and the game turns from "torture fun" into "reversed ATM".
    It's pulled now. Not going to miss this one, and now I know why it catapults itself to top ten. If it comes back, don't buy it!