Catacombs future update..?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Raphie123, Feb 20, 2010.

?

What would you like to see in Catacomb's future updates?

1. New classes (precise)

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. New dungeons (with hidden room)

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. Upgrades for characters

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  4. Upgrades for weapons

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  5. BIG Boss

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  6. Achievements

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  7. Other (precise)

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    So here's the question : What would you like to see in Catacomb's future updates?

For me, I would like to see new classes like Necromancer or thief, and maybe more RPG elements like new skills or upgrades.

2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I said Boss/dungeons, although I'd like all of them.

I'd also like to add some kind of story/campaign mode where you can play through all the content you have in a progressive manner, with the difficulty ramping up more.

3. sambuka

sambuka Member

Apr 5, 2009
    They need to go back to the drawing board and build a RPG system into the game, put in some story of why your running around a dungeon killing overly easy to kill undead and put in alot more bosses.

The general interface is good but its like they just finished the interface of 1 character walking around shooting arrows and then released it as a game. Its not a game right now its purely rubbish.

Don't buy until they make it a RPG cause it just sucks. I deleted it after 20 mins play.

4. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    It would be freaking amazing if they would make it more like an RPG. Skills and being able to buy better weapons/armor with gold.

5. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    To be honest, I'd be stoked to see anything that resembles features and gameplay elements from Gauntlet Legends, without changing the visuals of course. Secrets to hunt for, a completion percentage to reflect how many secrets you've found, items to collect, the ability to improve your character or at least more power-ups, rudimentary story would be nice I guess, just stuff like that. Gauntlet Legends had a total throwaway story, but the gameplay with all that stuff I mentioned made it a lot of fun to play. Especially the variation within levelsets and hunting for secret items.

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I'd like to see a game added to the engine they have now. That's all.

7. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Sorry, but for me, actually it's a game ; remember that they've clearly said that they wanted an arcade-style shooter, so maybe that's why you don't like it very much. This game has great potential and I hope there will be more RPG elements one day, but never forget that it's an arcade-style shooter, so....

I hope there will be great updates some day...

8. minorpane

minorpane Well-Known Member

Weapon upgrades for sure, but I'd be happy with any of them.

9. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Yep.

10. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I don't have a problem with it being arcade style. And I don't need for it to be more of an rpg. I just want for there to be something to do in the game. As it is now, there's nothing to do beyond walking around and shooting. There isn't even a reason to finish each level. Just walk in a random direction, shoot, find stairs, go down. Repeat.

I don't mind a game like Minigore, but at least Minigore doesn't make you wander around empty levels looking for stairs to advance to the next one. It is a mindless all-action shooter and it knows it, and it's not trying for anything else.

This game doesn't know what it's trying to be, and that's its main problem.

Something, anything is needed to keep one playing. It's all well and good it's trying to be like Gauntlet, but Gauntlet had more depth than this. And multiplayer.

The main thread is full of ideas of what could be added. Simple, little things which would make all the difference.