~ helicoid ~

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gordon, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordon

gordon Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Hi there,

gordon here, developer of a new original iphone app called helicoid (i also did lilt line if that rings a bell). Just wanted to share some screens & a AAA-budget gameplay video with you ~ be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

screens:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

video:

You play by rotating the device to pick up points & shaking to advance up the spiral, all the while unlocking levels & battling against increasing speeds & changes of direction.

With any luck the game should be out next week, I submitted it yesterday.

thanks,
    gordon

2. LittleBigCar

LittleBigCar Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    looks like some nice gameplay.but maybe not enough variety

3. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    It looks so cool with spinning the iPhone to play games. How much will it be? How many levels will it have?

4. gordon

gordon Member

Apr 28, 2009
    @saiyukialex Thanks! It's just one continuous level essentially, it's a highscore game - you level up to unlock new skins. I guess I should make that clearer in the description. It's gonna be $1.99.

@LittleBigCar The idea was to keep the gameplay simple and compelling - plus once you get to very high speeds there is no time for any further actions (such as gestures for example). Hopefully the variety comes with how u play & the compulsion to beat scores / unlock levels.