Puzzle RPG coming from Azukisoft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gibtang, Dec 27, 2012.

1. gibtang

gibtang Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Hi guys,

I'm from Azukisoft, contract game developers and we developed Whakan and worked with Witching Hour to develop Ravenmark which was released in late 2011. So anyway, a while back, we have a contract with a company to work on their game.

But at the last minute, the deal fell through and this was after I had hired new people and even gotten a new office for my guys. So since I spent quite a fair bit of money on new equipment, salaries, rental etc and cash was running low. So we decided to create our own game which is a puzzle RPG similar to Puzzle Quest as me and my guys love RPGs and match3 games.

So here are some screenshots of our puzzle RPG game called Descent: The Adventure

[​IMG]
    A world that is randomly generated every time you start a new game

[​IMG]
    Buy weapons with unique attributes. We took this feature from the Diablo series

[​IMG]
    Fight enemies such as the fiery phoenix in puzzle matching fun

[​IMG]
    The phoenix is too easy? Why not try the werewolf?

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am intrigued but respectfully those graphics look a little wooden and gameplay seems derivative. Those credentials sound promising but this lacks the polish (so far) of something like Ravenmark.

3. gibtang

May 2, 2010
    Hi undeadcow,

Thanks a whole bunch for your feedback and Yes, the graphics definitely can be improved. We are a company of developers and do not have any artists in our team, hence the lousy graphics, but we intend to invest more in graphics once we have the resources. As for Ravenmark, it took a small team of developers and another small team of artists about 1 year to develop while for Descent:The Adventure, we could only afford to spare 1 programmer and some freelance artwork on it. Hence the big difference, but we will spend more time to improve it once we have loads of feedback as we have some great ideas, but we need some prioritisation.

4. gibtang

May 2, 2010