App's and Games which change their music from good to bad in updates, minor rant.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Diablohead, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I feel like I need to talk about how I hate it when a game with some nice tunes get's forcefully changed in an update on the app store with no way to drop back down to an older release. I am sure more then the two apps I have right now have done this but it really pulls at my strings as to why the hell they do such a thing.

First of all is Real Racing, my favourite iPhone game, in one of their early updates they changed all the music but never gave a reason why, maybe license issues or the cost to keep them in the game, but the replaced music is terrible and well, shit. I dunno about a lot of you out there but I find music a big part of my gaming experience and when the lovely end race beat is changed to someone pressing random keys on an electric keyboard instead that end race feeling is gone. Same for the main menu tune and the racing music, all exchanged to some original in house rubbish. If you didn't own real racing at launch and want to hear the differences check this youtube video out, must have been recorded before the music changing update was out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8w9YYfj0Y

Second app I have which changed it's music is Bounce On, before the Plus+ update the music was lovely, mario like and well fitted the game excellently and had lots of charm but now it's like they tried to make the music dramatic but failed. Youtube of the old music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXyiCgdqxC0 listen to it, there is actually a beat in it compared to the new stuff!

So yeah I am rather upset that two great games have lost their great tunes for cheaper more rubbish sounding music. :(

2. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Space Ninja changed it's music, too. There may be a few levels with the music that was covering the whole game before the update, but not much.... I would love to be able to choose, like in the newest Canabalt update... But Space Ninja didn't only change music. It changed gameplay. Before the update, you had to retry after one hit. NOW you have 6 (!!!!) lives! This is like a free-run and to me it sucks. An option to choose how many lives you have would be great...
    Another bad thing is the graphics distortion effect when slowing down. It causes bugs and is distracts from the main part of the game: Dodging the bullets.

3. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I could not agree more. That update ruined the game for me. For a while, it was my most played game, due in part to the difficulty, and to the awesome music the game had. Now the music is not very good, and the game is easy with so many lives. I've had no desire whatsoever to play this since that update came out.