Voice Ask: Siri alternative for ALL iPhones, iPads and iPods, now $2.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Macvanderspek, May 2, 2012.

1. Macvanderspek

Macvanderspek Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Special offer, get Voice Ask, the famous 'Siri-like' app for ALL iPhones, iPods and iPads, now for just $0.99 for a day!

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just picked this up. Since I've got an iPod and can't afford an iPhone 4s then I suppose this is the best robot women I can get :)
    I'll post a few impression later on after I've had a play around with it.

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow well this didn't take long to test.
    First off what a waste of 69p I can't even get it to recognise a single word I say.
    I asked it for the weather and it said nothing.
    I asked what Camelot was....... Nothing
    I asked it about castles and it started telling me what sex is???

So to sum it up a total waste of time and money. Unless the speech recognition is improved or something is fixed. I just can't get it to work.

4. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Hi there, sorry to hear about your experience so far, but please check whether your internet connection was working okay, try to speak clearly, and the results should be different than what you have been seeing. Speech recognition depends on the individual and from our tests, most people have been getting better results from Voice Ask than from Siri, for example. Plus you can always type, in case of a misunderstood word.

The weather results are giving problems at the moment, you are right about that. We are working on it.

5. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I have Voice Answer already.
    What's the difference to this one?

6. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Voice Answer is more academic and more complete than Voice Ask. It uses Wolfram Alpha, while Voice Ask uses True Knowledge as main knowledge source. Voice Ask has the chatbot default as 'on', and is more lighthearted than Voice Answer. Voice Answer is a universal app, so works in high resolution on iPads.

Both apps are great knowledge sources.