AIMD Event, Jan 20th, San Francisco

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Flickitty, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    AIMD (Alliance of Indie Mobile Developers)
    San Francisco, California
    Wednesday January 20th, 2010 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM

The panel features:

Andrew Podolsky, Editor in Chief from Slide To Play and former writer and editor from 1up, Game Revolution, and Ripton;

Sean Denny, Senior Consumer Insights Manager from eBay and 10 year video games industry vet who has worked at LucasArts, Gazillion, and PlayFirst

Randall Schleufer, co-creator of the award-winning Snails for PocketPC and developer of Flickitty for the iPhone.

For those who don't know me, I am Randall, creator of Flickitty. I am extremely honored to be selected as a panelist for this event, and I am humbled by the big names above me. Within this event we will cover pre-launch and marketing strategies. If any developers from this forum will be attending, I'd like to schedule a quick meetup and network.

I will be flying in to SF earlier that day, and flying home that same night (redeye FTL!)

The early success of Snails in 2002 proved the validity of Mobile Gaming. We were among the first to drop our games under $10, which was CHEAP at the time.

The mild success of Flickitty puts me in an unique position to speak about the industry, without losing sight of the struggles seen by the vast majority of developers. I have the same daily obstacles as most of you, and I would like to help change all that.

If anyone has any specific topics/questions that they would like to see addressed, I can add it to our discussions and report back. I have the feeling this event will run into overtime and we will only glean the surface.

If you can attend, this would be a great opportunity to network.

For more information, visit http://aimd1.eventbrite.com/

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Appears to be sold out (though free). Is there really no space left?

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Good luck Randall!

4. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    It is a relatively small hall. I am sure if more people wanted to attend, there wouldn't be a problem. It isn't like we will have a sudden surge of 3,000 unannounced visitors pouring in.

5. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Okay cool. I'm local so I'll try to get up to SF. Thanks for the heads up!

6. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    I'll see you there tonight!

7. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    #7 Flickitty, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    it was really cool to see micah (and crystal) at the event. unfortunately, i was only in town for 6 hours- it would have been nice to hang out.

overall, i really enjoyed myself and met a ton of interesting people. i feel that we only touched the surface, and had to quit just when things got interesting.

8. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    It was great to meet you Flickitty! The event was great. I imagine you probably won't be making it every month, but I hope to see you around more. I'm definitely going again next month.

9. #9 Broken Thumbs Apps, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    Just wanted to say hi too. Another colleague and I represented Broken Thumbs Apps at last night's event, and thought it was worth attending. We'll definitely be checking out the next event, on user engagement I believe, as well.

-Scott

PS. On the elevator ride down after the event, I think we were in the same elevator as you, Micah, as I heard someone mentioning Skeleton Key and teh internets. Hopefully we can meet next time!