We need a tool to approve a post +1!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Drakeer Melkhor, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Sometimes I read some cool posts, and I would like to have in the forum a tool to make a "+1" and add some reputation to the writer.

Thanks! :p

2. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    Yep would be nice... Some similarly built up forums have it already.. it wouldn't be too hard to implement it. :)

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

VBulletin actually already has that functionality built in. We've disabled it because (in my experience, anyway) it causes even more drama than post counts are capable of. :)

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #4 crex, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    And I agree. Haters gonna hate, and if you have any your posts would be disliked regardless of what your post is about.

5. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    This. Just take a look at gametrailers.com. A lot of posts are disliked for absolutely no reason.

6. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah leave it out. Let our "reps" be established by the individual members. This is a pretty civil forum, I'd hate to see it overrun with "haters" mashing the dislike button on certain members' posts because they had a difference of opinion in another thread.

7. Danielfang7

Danielfang7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe like a "like" or "thumbs up" button, as well as a thumbs down button for the irrelevant posts. I think its a great idea.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

There is no need for a System like this in my eyes. At the End People would get paid to "Like/Dislike" something.

I have seen how it does work in China and India where a few Company actually Sale those together with Facebook/Youtube Likes. If you like a Game you can still say it in the same Thread.

There is no Reason to add the System in my Eyes that does Value a Post overall. Each Thread and Post should always be written with the biggest Respect to the Community, the Developer and to those that will read it afterwards.

9. Danielfang7

Danielfang7 Well-Known Member

i honestly doubt people would get paid to just like/dislike a post, it is not the big of a deal. liking a post is just valuing what the person who posted says and agreeing with them, its not like you would get more money the more likes you have. it is true that each thread should be treaten with equal respect, but it is just merely the truth that some people have more genuine and insightful posts than others.