Your thoughts on timers?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

So with Gameloft's Iron Man 3 out this week, I was thinking about timers in games. Personally I abhor them.

I can deal with paywalls and other freemium tricks but I can't stand timers. Real Racing 3, Pixel People, Iron Man, etc....games are made to be enjoyed, for one to invest their time into the mechanics. To force us to either wait for minutes or even hours or to pay to play now is a slap in the face. The usual paywall forces grinding but that's still time spent playing a game and enjoying its mechanics.

I want to enjoy those and other games but if I'm punished for playing a game by having to wait to play the game...it just don't make sense.

Thoughts?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I hate timers too, but if there's a way to ignore them, i give the game more chance, and it usually ends up being decent.

Iron Man 3, Pixel People, Fast & Furious 6 and Injustice are some of the few games with timers that actually clicked with me.

Iron Man 3 actually has some of the more forgiving timers. There's no way it'll stop you from playing as it literally just takes seconds to fully repair armors, and even while doing that, you can still play with your other armors.

Any form of timer that literally stops me from playing are the ones i hate most.