Dungeon Defenders Eternity

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Edmilan, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #1 Edmilan, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    http://mmoculture.com/2014/07/dungeon-defenders-eternity-built-for-mobile-and-pc-platforms/

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/7694-trendy-entertainment-officially-announces-dungeon-defenders-eternity-for-android-and-steam

Used to play the 1st version and the subsequent 2nd wave til support was dropped for the game. Now it's back and I'm kinda giddy bout it again lol
    Just came out for Android Tegra devices, and is coming next to iOS. Game is cross platform with mac, PC, android and iOS:)

2. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From droidgamers

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh HELL yes

4. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Oh wow this looks really really cool. It looks colorful and I like the look but I don't have the faintest idea what is going on in the picture

5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    EXCELLENT news!!!!!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's a Defense game with heavy RPG mechanics. Loots, levelling up, and tons of hack and slash in conjunction with creating towers to help you defend.

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Hmm, most reviews were saying it is the slightly enhanced original game which now needs to be constantly connected to the internet. They also fixed the bugs regarding to hackers. So, we will have to pay again for a fixed version which we bought ages ago.
    I bought it and it was rly cool. I'll probably buy it again though but don't know what to think about this marketing strategy. *sigh*

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #8 Ayjona, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    It is a bit more than solely a marketing strategy, it would seem: http://dungeondefenderseternity.com/

Apparently, Trendy Ent. released this iteration of Dungeon Defenders partially as a final hurrah for the game, to create an ultimate version with true cross-platform play before they finally move on fully to the sequel, and partially to test the infrastructure, net code and Playverse platform for the release of Dungeon Defenders 2 (which might also hit iOS, by the way).

The developer was quick to abandon the original iOS and Android versions of DD, so I will not take their promises and plans at face value. But their stated intention is to provide a full cross-platform experience and thus offer the full PC experience on mobile. Considering just how durned fun the mobile original was, even in its reduced and unsupported state, Eternity could be one of the greatest iOS classics if Trendy follows through.

Regardless, the PC version of Dungeon Defenders Eternity is no empty promise. I picked it up at launch (for only 5 euros, discounted since I own the original), and it really is an evolution of the original, more than just a minor patch, but a major combination of polish, feature additions, content consolidation (all DLC of the original but four holiday-themed levels are included), and brand new content.

This is the user review I posted on Steam, intended to dispel quite a few misconceptions regarding Eternity. Perhaps it can do the same here:

9. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Cant wait for this!

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #10 Nekku, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    So I just watched the Trailer and it is looking awesome but I'm also kind of confused. This was looking completely different than DD:Second Wave which I've bought years ago. There werent any cel shaded graphics either.
    I dont know how it has looked on the PC though and I hope DD Eternity looks just as good as the trailer I've seen.

Any ETA for iOS as of yet?

Edit: I just saw a gameplay video from the android version
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZbU_mUIqsA which does looking worse (no cel shading, low texture resolution, no dynamic lightning. It looks exactly like the old one) than the trailer and screenshots from the app description in the Google Playstore.
    I hope these graphics arent Tegra K1 exclusive. I rly want this cel shading :(

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I just installed Second Wave again to look how it runs on A7 devices and it's so freakin' smooth so there is much room left for advanced graphics. I want these cel-shaded graphics and I want this game now! D':

12. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yeah 2nd wave is still good apart from the frequent crashes. Can't wait for DDE as well

13. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I played the original a ton solo, particularly on my commute without cell signal. Sucks this one needs a constant internet connection, guess I'll pass.

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Seeing as the multiplayer experience in the original was ruined on a regular and frequent basis by hackers, and with the new online requirements there are none of those, I wouldn't say it sucks on a general basis. The opposite.

But yeah, it is a shame cheaters ruin the experience for the rest of us and force always online modes. Trendy seem very open to suggestions this time around, however, so perhaps they can be convinced to implement an entirely separate single player mode, with a character that can never be taken online. Makes a lot of sense for the mobile version.

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    been following this a long time, looks like its coming along nicely.

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Any news for the game????

17. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Not really. No word about any release date for iOS. :(
    But seeing how flawed the actual pc version is, this could take a while till it hits on the AppStore.

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Take me know some news, please...please... Waiting too long...

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I know, I know. It's my most anticipated iOS game this year and I've searched the whole internet and their forums already. There is no release date. The only hint is that it will be released later this year.

20. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I sent a tweet to the devs regarding the release of the iOS version, or if it was canned or something. All they said was that " they didn't have plans to release the iOS version at this time." So the iOS version does exist, is not cancelled (yet.. I hope not), but still no ETA