Gangstar Vegas (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmm... The last one was pretty terrible. Bad storyline, horrible dialogue, repetitive missions, etc. But the controls and graphics were good. Let's hope this one is better.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #3 JBRUU, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    As long as it isn't F2P I'll pick it up. The last one came out in 2011, so this has been in development for quite some time.

I'm hoping they change just two things: dialogue/story and physics. The single biggest reason why GTA ouclasses these games is because the cars in GTA are so fun to drive. You can't even flip a car in Gangstar, much less do stunts. The dialogue needs to grow up a lot; I found Rio's to be incredibly immature; it's probably the single most profanity-laden game I've ever played. And I've played a lot of games. When the player just rolls his/her eyes when someone spits out the C-word, (oh yes, it's there) you're doing it wrong. Wayyy wrong. Casual dialogue that your character randomly spouts at civilians needs to be eliminated or actually be funny. "Look out f---hole!" while you're stabbing someone isn't really that amusing. Likewise the, "Time to die while resisting arrest" from the cops is just stupid. Oh, and either just use some decent licensed music for the radio stations or ditch them altogether. Gameloft's attempts at satire on the radio stations was nothing short of abominable.

Graphically, I'm hoping we'll see more of the same with a few upgrades. Dynamic lighting like we saw in NOVA 3, MC4 and Batman. A dynamic shadow on the player's character and his/her car, with a short draw distance for peds/other cars. Better realtime reflections on top of the car; the old ones were rather faint and hard to spot. Honestly Rio was so ahead of its time graphically I'll be very impressed if this is significantly different in the eye candy department.

In terms of gameplay, I think it'd be rather neat to be able to player as either a male or female, and have unique dialogue for both. Bring back the outfits, also the same combat system. Put in dismemberment mechanics for the katana and rocket launcher. Double the size of Vegas compared to Rio.

By the way, this needs to go for a 17+ rating. There is no way in hell Rio deserved the 12+ it got, the content in that game puts most M rated games to shame. It's unfair to parents and to discerning consumers.

3. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I think it's going to be an auto gambler

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

My guess is they'll drop support for 4th Gen iDevices with their bigger games this year, so they should be able to make a much more impressive game technology wise. Let's just hope they improve the story and dialogue as well, Gangstar Rio was absolutely awful when it came to that.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Your point...?

Do not turn this into another Xcom thread. I will promptly report any sort of argumentative or baiting posts.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I also hope that the story is better.

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I hope we can go to area 51 and fight aliens!

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If they're going for a more Saints Row approach then that would actually be an interesting idea.

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    #10 saansilt, May 3, 2013
    I know man. Useina a sword againt the alien menace while wearing an MIB suit? Awesomness.
    Edit: I also hope the story is more like miami, at least. Rio was: No not my girlfreind who obviously hated me! I will avenge you!
    While johnny in miami was more of an Anti-Hero, since familia is familia.
    I really hope it is a "Save a family member" rather than "This city is mine!"

10. Der-Kleine

The speed at wich gameloft releases games has little to do with the quality of them. A few years ago they had 5000 employees from what I read, and I'm sure that number has increased since then. They definetly have enough people/studios working for them to push out a bunch of big-ish games in a short ammount of time.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #12 JBRUU, May 3, 2013
    It they're actually taking a more SR approach then the story will be on the back burner. SR is all about ridiculous, goofy gameplay.

We're cool.
    I don't get the hate on Gameloft, besides the IAP/F2P push and the cloning of games. The actual material they put out is usually pretty darn good, if not fantastic. The DH, MC, NOVA and Asphalt games ooze polish.

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I know, but a guy can hope.
    If ridiculos wishes to be here, add Dinosaurs.
    I know it makes no sense in vegas, thats why it is awesome.
    Still Area 51 is close enough in real life.
    Gameloft do it please.

13. Der-Kleine

I think the real problem is that while they make good games (In the case of their F2P games with questionable IAP decissions) for the standards set by other games on the platform they still have the potential to make much better stuff. Although with F2P games being so popular and profitable one kind of has to ask what the point of making quality titles would be...

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There has to be a reason, otherwise MC4 would've been F2P and they wouldn't be planning a huge content update.

15. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Well We probaldly will see some recycles from rio, not too worries about that.
    I just want good story, no pay to win, and aliens.

16. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    If this game is free I might cry just a bit

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    If its free, The earth will cry.
    By the way, I'd like to see rain.

18. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Would be sweet to have first person view like MC4? Change things up. In the video, they didn't show any gameplay, it looked like real people doing a role. Hopefully the graphics do match up with MC4, NOVA 3, etc. If not, I won't really consider buying. I bought a iPad 4 and no good graphical games are for that device yet. Add car jump animation and I might consider getting it. It was such a let down in Rio, just driving over a hump like 100mph and just go over it without going into the air.
    Last, for these games, why can't they add multiplayer? They add multiplayer for big games like MC4, but never for these type of games. Free roaming with friends would be so awesome. Why can't there be real character customizations in these games too. Why do you have to play as a pre maid character? Remember NBA BALLER STREETS for playstation? They made it so you could customize every part of your player. Why not make a story with your own customize player? Would be a big and better change for these type of games in my opinion.

19. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Sounds like you want this to be saints row ios.