Battleheart strategy, tips, & tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Howlix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    She has a smidge more power, but about 20% less health. She's a girly elf after all, I think a cyclops could probably take her. :p

2. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Similar, different buffs do stack, but re-casting the same buff on someone just refreshes the duration. So no, double shield wall doesn't really help you, but shield wall and a bard's song of -25% damage taken would stack.

Currently revenge reflects the damage received after armor and buffs are calculated, but in the next update it will reflect the initial damage, making it quite awesome.

I thought I fixed the whole getting knocked off screen thing... I assume you've updated to 1.0.3? If so I must have missed something.

3. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Hmm, I'm definitely mulling over a switch then. Naturally I position my wizard away from close-range combat anyways so I can definitely accept the loss of health in exchange for a more powerful attack.

But then again, I'm considering taking out a long-range attack completely in favor of a two close-range DPS to tag along with my tank and healer.

4. jgolightly

jgolightly Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Battleheart

@MikaMobile - this is definitely one of the best games I've played on the iPhone, definitely in line with Angry Birds and geoDefense for my personal enjoyment. I just wish the login selection didn't show your playtime count. :X

I've been playing for quite a while now and just wanted to comment on my experience and see if I could pick the developers' brains on haste versus crit compared to my anecdotal experience.

In just doing some final boss kill speed timing and playing with the rogues' talents/trinkets to see how they affect experience distribution, it seems I get better (and certainly more consistent) DPS with 2x Ninja Glove versus 2x Ancient Tooth or Ninja Glove/Ancient Tooth combo. Is that accurate?

My ideal final boss group is:

Monk (Tooth/Glove)
    Bard (Jabe)
    Rogue (2x Glove)
    Rogue (2x Glove)

I can generally kill the boss before he finishes his last meteor shower prior to the split.

I've just started doing arenas and I've tried a few different setups, including Monk tank and the fabled Wizard/Wizard/Witch/Bard. I've actually had the best luck with Knight/Bard/Rogue/Rogue. As everyone's mentioned, the toughest spots past the T9 cutoffs are always the archers. With the knight in the group, I simply war cry and then kite everything around and let the rogues work on a single target as he makes laps until I've whittled everything down to a tankable amount. I'm amazed how tough the slimes start out in the Doomvale arena. It's a lot of fun. Right now, I'm just beginning to pick up some T9 gear and I haven't really gone for a high score yet, but my Doomvale high score is around 90.

Again, thanks for the great game. :)

5. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Can someone give me some tips/suggestions? I just crossed over into Doomvale and am having a tough time surviving, even on the first level.

Any time a party member dies, I like to re-start the level and, this happens approx 50% of the time on the first Doomvale level for me. My party and setup is as follows:

1. Gustav (rogue)- 91A, 56D
    Vamp Tooth Pendant (20% Leech)
    Tempest Stone (10% Attack/Cast Speed)

2. Baelrosh (barb) -92A, 53D
    Mystery Egg
    Vamp Tooth Pendant (20% Leech)

3. Lucille (cleric) -68A, 56D
    Glyph of Stoneskin (+6D)
    Trollskin Amulet (rapid health regen)

4. Wynter (witch)- 101A, 44D
    Glyph of Stoneskin (+6D)
    Firestorm Band (+6A)

Round to round, my play goes like this... I make Wynter target whichever enemy my two melee characters focus on to get them killed quickly, while casting targeting spells on new threats (bats, ogres, skeleton archers in particular) to turn them into a frog (buying me some healing/killing time) or using Paralyze to render their attacks very weak so they can't cause damage.

Gustav and Baelrosh hammer away, while I use their skills to buff their damage. I put the Mystery Egg on Baelrosh since he seems to die more often.

Lucille adds her shield spell to whoever is taking the most damage at the moment - combined with Guardian Angel (double healing for 15 seconds) and Group Heal, the whole group gets full health very quickly.

Problem is, while micro managing these skill sets and ensuring Lucille's survivability in particular, one of my characters seems to die in the process.

Any tips for my build? I really don't want to swap in or out other characters right now since these four are all about level 24-26 together.

Thanks in advance :)

6. jgolightly

jgolightly Member

Feb 14, 2011
    The most obvious thing to me is you're not currently using any tanks. While I understand you don't want to switch any characters out, you're going to have a hard time progressing through Doomvale without using a knight or a monk. The monk will allow you to keep your damage up while being able to soak up damage better than Baelrosh or Gustav.

7. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Yup, what Jgo said. You can make most party comps work in this game, but certain ones are going to take a lot more leveling than others. Running tank-less or healer-less is always possible, but you're going to need to grind a lot more levels than what most people here are doing.

8. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    Oops, double post.

9. dseb

dseb Member

Feb 11, 2011

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I'm excited for the Revenge updates :) and yes, I'm 1.0.3. The cleric didn't go all the way off the screen , I could see the veeery bottoms of her feet but I couldn't select her.

10. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011

So if I do decide to go ahead and start using a knight,

a) who should I swap out... my barb, or rogue? I like my rogue more than Baelrosh, to be honest with you - it's just a lot more satisfying using him :)

b) what's the best way to bring him "up to level" with the rest of my group? Boss-runs?

11. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    Just use whoever you like. Honestly, any tank/dps/dps/healer setup will work fine in this game.

Boss runs are usually better than normal levels for exp, because they get significantly faster as your party gets stronger. Just equip the new guy with two eggs and do some boss-slaying.

12. TankeyPankey

TankeyPankey New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    @MikaMobile
    First of all, I love how active you are in these forums. And all your games are incredible. Secondly, I have a bard balancing idea. I think if you changed her echo of renewal from "Song of renewal heal entire party" to "Give SoR an X% chance of healing party" it would help balance the healing class. As it stands, the bard is an incredible healer and buffer beyond level 30, being able to heal the whole party every 8 seconds with 2 codex of jabes. Just an idea ;)

13. imac2much

imac2much Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'd rather have the 20% health than the smidge extra power for Doomville Arena. When 6 archers pop up at 100+ and can't be taken out quickly, all the CC in the world won't keep them down, so the bit of extra health helps. Then again, I guess 20% extra health really lets you survive one more shot so it's debatable :)

14. exomega255

exomega255 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    My final boss group are all equipped with 2x eggs (netting about 750-850 exp per shot). It's got relatively weak attack power for a group, but it farms Doomsville arena just fine, and kills final boss without it spawning:

Edwardo (lvl 53 bard) A104: D93, double eggs

Lucille (lvl 58 Cleric) A106: D85, double eggs

Feung (lvl 54 Monk) A122: D122, double eggs

Thistle (lvl 53 Wizard) A146: D75, double eggs

15. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    As for me, i only play in Doomsvale's arena or against final boss when i want to get xp.

Here is my group :

Monk (lvl 45) T8 weapon
    Bard (lvl 43) T9 weapon
    Witch (lvl 40) T9 weapon / armor
    Priest (lvl 39) T9 weapon

I managed to get all T8 weapon, and few other T9 (such as Obsidian Soulcrusher, Vardus the reaper, and so on). Until now, i played with Monk/Rogue/Witch/Bard, it was really good to kill monsters, but not enough to reach 90th wave in Doomsvale arena. That's why i choose the priest/ bard combo (with 4 codex of jabe). So far, i reach 99th wave ^^

16. imac2much

imac2much Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Is anyone having success surviving the random 6 archer spawns in the 120+ rounds? And if so, what group and strategies do you use? I feel like my high scores now just depend on that 6 archer round never showing up.... Either I have enough CC to hold them at bay for a while but not enough DPS to kill them efficiently before all my CC are on cooldown, or not enough CC for my rogue or barbarian to kill them since even archers have a lot of life at that point.

Any tips?

17. Vik1ng

Vik1ng Member

Feb 11, 2011
    @MikaMobile

As i've said before, love the game. excellent work. I'm hooked. that opening save select screen is embarrassing for me haha.

I would like to see some sort of highscore/hall of fame situation. Like a throwback to the pokemon hall of fame? where it shows not only your highscores per arena but also the party you did it with. My friends and I recently challenged eachother to see what doomvale highscore you could get without a healer, and obviously there was some skepticism at one absurd score... anyway just a thought.

again, huge battleheart fan. can't wait for more

18. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I so disagree.

I think the Cleric is a better healer than the Bard. I like the bard as a healer more (no micro!), but if you micro, the Cleric is definitely stronger. Especially making use of her 8 second HOT.

19. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Do you have a knight? I haven't tried this yet, but I saw somebody mention War Cry then just constantly kiting them all while dps picks them off. Seems like it'd work

Especially with some Blizzard thrown in maybe?

20. Invadorgrey

Invadorgrey Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    student
    Chicago
    Guys I have a question. I have a cleric/knight/knight/rouge, do I need the extra knight or switch him out with a different type of member? If so is there any fast way to level him/her up the levels my other group members are in?