Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. Dennis

Dennis Well-Known Member

Funny, I was just now trying to get the lowest score on Cat Trap.
    But you're right, it's not that easy.
    I can't get lower than 57.... :)

2. Koenraad

Koenraad Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Netherlands
    I understand that there is some confusion about my "highest" score on lvl 86. Therefore I put up a picture of the miraculous path in my profile. I hope that clears it. :cool:

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I think we would all by it cp golf. Different board. Or an update that has a lo score challenge like on ce where you bounce the egg. Could not be that hard for them to make. But 2 should be starting point way harder to get 2 points than 1.

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Well done. I can only get 63. And trap door has to fall forward.

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    this thread has more replies than all the others in the history of TA forum...ok, Cat Physics is good, but the world is going down!

6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Managed to get one point on rubber tree windmills loop it and Htgo. We really need new Lvls. Just can't force my self to spend another 20 hours on Lvl 70 like last time.

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Because there is normal people here plus all of us crazy people. :D

8. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Crazy:rolleyes:

Speak for yourself I'm normal :D

9. Pappnase

Pappnase Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Schlaaand!
    I am very good with low scores. I sent you pics of cat trap 1 point. Easy.

p

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    No kidding! I loved the game when it came out...I Was one of the first to say they had gotten 3 stars on all the levels. But the dedication that people have shown to the game is mind-blowing.

11. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    How about a helpful observation instead of a rant for once? ;)

I'm still in the process of trying to get level 49. Why? I don't know, just a point I feel I need to get. For the longest time I swear I've been firing the ball at the right time. And thanks to Garfield's latest path, I have been comparing my path and seeing that I do indeed fire the ball at the right time.

What is odd, is that even when my initial path to the second arrow was the same, I was getting very different results after the second arrow. Namely, I couldn't get better than a 535 because the ball arced to high over the rock.

I've since observed that the timing of the arrows changes over time. You basically cannot get a 540 in the first five minutes of playing. So as time goes on, you'll notice that the trajectory of the ball gets lower going over the rock wall. So there is a sweet spot within the 5-10 minute range where you can hit 540. I've hit a ton of 539s. I even had a path that matched Garfield's 540 exactly, and I still got 539.

But if you wait too long, then even with a perfect launch, the ball won't clear the rock wall. At that time you need to reset.

Anyway, I thought that info might help some folks. I kept taking the quick and easy 535s, and figured I'd just get it next time. It wasn't until I said "screw that", and reset to launch again that I noticed the change in the path of the ball over time.

Good luck!

12. Pappnase

Jul 29, 2010
    Schlaaand!
    #9312 Pappnase, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    This is one useful hint. Thanks Mike. I always suspected they would make a prime number relation between the arrow speeds so you can hit the top score only every xxx seconds.

Edit: what do you think is the right moment? Max elevation of the first arrow? Before? After?

13. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Well, there definitely is a relation between the arrow speeds in this case, and you have a specific window to hit the high score. The fact that Queen hit this in the first place is amazing enough. But I'm happy it clears all my confusion as to why I always thought I had a perfect shot in the first 5 minutes, yet I came nowhere close to the correct path.

Best thing to do is check a screen of the 540 path and look at the second green dash to see where it is. Then fire for that spot. That spot appears to be just before the MAX elevation of the first arrow. And you need to fire BEFORE the arrow hits that MAX elevation.

I've definitely got the timing down now. Just a matter of time and luck.

14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Got 1 on it. My 11 was harder.

15. Pappnase

Jul 29, 2010
    Schlaaand!
    #9315 Pappnase, Jun 24, 2011
    Low score masters: let us make a small competition with level 63. I tried for a while but could not get lower than 523. Edit 465.

16. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    #9316 mikeg123, Jun 24, 2011
    I just got a second 539 path that matches Garfield's 540 path. No variation! How is that? I don't understand why I can have the same path and a different score. The scoring system is screwy here!

EDIT: Same path again and hit 540!!! Once I realized you have to wait around 5 minutes it was super easy. Actually just discovered that timing today and got the point. So hopefully that helps the rest of you.

17. stjohn

stjohn Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Schoolmaster
    Suffolk
    Is there a special way of getting the trapdoor glitch to work on Level 78 (Bounce Bounce Bounce)?

I've only ever managed to make it happen once - and then I squandered the next shot which didn't quite reach the tail!

18. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    If I remember correctly, you need to aim for the upper half (corner) of the button. For whatever reason, hitting the button up high made it easier to glitch the door.

It felt like Donut Games tried to fix the trapdoor glitch starting with those levels, but didn't quite succeed. The only thing they did was make it harder to do. :)

19. Koenraad

Mar 12, 2011
    Netherlands
    "Highest score"

LOL, guys I couldn't believe you didn't get my joke on the "highest" score.

Thanks to Dennis and ting for playing along.

20. Koenraad

Mar 12, 2011
    Netherlands
    @Erik, thanks for sending me a point you found on the old levels.:D