GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    I could use those for the wiki page.

2. JackMule

JackMule Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    That's rediculous! I had to 3 star Crypt Gold and kill Hurgoth with 4 hearts in stead of 6! Oh well, it was challenging to say the least. I'd be down for a Phoenix pet, but no point really removing Phoenix Feather, people've already 3 starred master mode.

3. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I think Kepa meant that the Phoenix Feather should have been free, not removed entirely.

4. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Okay for the wiki I updated it so that some of the hats, weapons, trinkets, and pets are there.

I am missing the levels and achievements for now.

5. WooHooII

Aug 14, 2009
    And where is this wiki?

6. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    #666 SirDarkened, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
    If I get in trouble for posting this link I apologize this is only to better the knowledge of the game.

If a mod sees this and does not approve please edit the post. I wish not to get in trouble for "advertising" or anything of the like.

This is the wiki
    Link : http://magegauntlet.wikia.com/wiki/Mage_Gauntlet_Wiki

7. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    I agree about the level length. I did not like this game in the beginning, but as I am getting further in I am liking it a lot, but the levels are getting way too long.

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Maybe you should update the Phoenix Feather so that it expands to 4 hearts and explodes on every death.

I purchased it and was dissapointed. Switched back to the the Arcane Heart.

9. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Does finding the Silver Anvil in the Ruin levels do anything other than giving an achievement? I'm worried I was supposed to break it open somehow. Also, this game utterly lacks hooking and swinging. What's up with that?

Thanks in advance for any info. And good call on the wiki creation.

10. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Checked the Rook hat drop rate and it's 1%. WOOPS. Set it to 10%, but that won't kick in until the update after next.

Taking a break from doing Mage Gauntlet stuff for the rest of the day, will be reading the forum again tomorrow.

CURRENTLY WAITING for the update to hit. Off the top of my head it'll have:
    - Slimming the game down so it can be downloaded over cellular.
    - Removing OpenFeint entirely for now, compatibility issues.
    -In-game achievement browser! Works whether you use Game Center or not.
    - Fixing the tutorial chapter's music loop.
    - 1/1000 chance of something happening when you break stuff! This might be too low of a chance, may bump it up in next update.
    - One extra life given to story mode, for all levels.
    - The TRY AGAIN button renamed to GET UP!, made bigger and set to the right side, glows green so people actually know to press it.
    - Level balance pass. Orc 3 gets 5 more spell urns, Crypt 3 gets 3 more spell urns, Pinnacle 1-3 get anywhere from 2 to 8 more spell urns. These levels also get a little bit more health urns.
    - Tetra1 annoying bug fixed where the door can shut on you.
    - Some achievement fixes.

Next Update Plans (Mini-update):
    - Universal support. It wasn't going to happen till the content update, but it's coming early.
    - Various other things based on feedback.

11. WooHooII

Aug 14, 2009
    But... the Phoenix Feather is better than the Arcane heart in every possible way. Going for three stars? You get six hearts on your first life, plus a fiery explosion after you lose the first three! Just trying to make it through a level? If you're on story mode, you get the same total number of hearts as with the Arcane Heart, plus the fiery explosion. If you're on master mode, you get more than the Arcane Heart. Really, there's no downside.

12. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Woohoo can you pm me with all the hats you have in order of appearance in the "hat" section where you can change your hat.

This is so I can update the wiki to have as many hats as possible by the end of today.

If you can do the same for weapons, robes, trinkets, and pets that would be perfect, if not I can do without them for now.

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Y'know, there's a thread in the General forum with a list of hats, pets and weapons and robes. It's not complete yet though.

14. Ziekke

Ziekke Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    How could you prefer the arcane heart? The first death with the feather doesnt actually count as a death. Basically, as previously mentioned, the heart gives 4 hearts. The feather gives 6 hearts split between a fiery explosion on the first death. It is easily the best trinket without comparison. Gives you two lives to get through levels with 3 stars.. Nothing to complain about that.

Regarding wikis... I put some maps up on the page. It's hardly exhaustive but it's a start.

15. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    #675 SirDarkened, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
    Wiki has more than that, and hats are ordered by appearance. I am missing some hats listed there but they are not in order of appearance.

Thank you. How did you format the page like that so you can click to go straight to the map you want? I want to set that up with the weapons/robes/trinkets/pets page.

Also I have made it to only the middle map part in the game and the levels are now starting to feel long... yet not as challenging as the 3rd Orc level.

16. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    How does saving work in this game? Does it bring you back to the beginning of the level if you completely close the game? Thanks!

17. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    There's no problem posting a link to this wiki as a reference guide, since you're not advertising or actively trying to redirect people away from this site. I'll add the link to the start of this thread, so it doesn't have to be posted repeatedly. Thanks.

Let's keep Wiki development out of this game thread. Better to send a PM.

18. nvx

nvx Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    UK
    Great game, I'm really enjoying it
    I dont often praise other developers but I am seriously impressed, this is indie game development at its finest :D

19. Xephiros

Xephiros New Member

Jun 15, 2011
    I second this. Cloud save would be absolutely awesome.

20. WooHooII

Aug 14, 2009
    Already added them to the wiki.