iPad Dungeon of the Damned - Classic Adventure Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Digi-Chain Games, Jan 5, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #21 metalcasket, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    Digi-Chain...is there any chance you guys could post a walkthrough somewhere because this game's just kicking my ass! Seriously wasn't expecting it to be this challenging. >_>

2. Digi-Chain Games

Digi-Chain Games Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Metalcasket>
    Yes, I'll look at sorting out a walkthrough soon - but tied up with a couple of other things right now so won't be immediate.

In the meantime I'm keeping an eye on this thread so if you're stuck at a specific point just ask - I'm more than happy to help or drop a hint!

Cheers

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

This game is what happens when you combine a developer with a strong vision, absolute commitment, and an impeccable work ethic, with a severe lack of technical resources. (If you want to know what happens when the opposite factors combine, pick up any adventure/RPG by Gameloft.)

In Señor Casket's impressions above, one thing jumped out at me above all: "This is not Dungeon Master." Right, I thought. That's pretty much all I need to know. How is it then, that this game reminds me of playing Dungeon Master more than any other I've played in the last couple of decades? In three words: attention to detail. This game is positively bursting at the seams with it. It feels like no corridor, no wall, has simply been randomly put in place. The game creates a truly cohesive world through the combination of its level design and narrative, a very deliberately paced experience, that so easily transcends its technical limitations that it's almost astounding.

Very highly recommended.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm sitting here with a look of shock, awe and a smile on my face right now. I honestly don't know what emoticon to use! XD

My Dungeon Master comment...well, I just wanted to make it clear that this isn't a party-based RPG...but yeah, you're absolutely right; the attention to detail and level design in this game are just out of this world. I may be going overboard here, but this really does feel like it could have been a port of an old-school classic. I've said it a million times in this thread, and I'll say it again...I cannot recommend this enough.

5. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Eh, I doubt either of us is going to make much of an impression. Everybody's too busy collecting crates. :p

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    inorite. It's pissing me off how little attention this and Mystery of the Japanese Werewolf are getting. I too am collecting crates, but that isn't preventing me from enjoying 2 of the finest games to recently come out. >_>

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Offtopic:

Let`s put it that Way:

Super Crate Box < Muffin Knight

And that`s all I`m going to say about that Topic.

8. VanillaLime

VanillaLime Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Any more hints

I'm stuck at the note that says "things are not always what they seem"

9. Digi-Chain Games

Jul 28, 2011
    Thanks again for your positive feedback - it's great to hear people are enjoying the game!

Unfortunately at the moment it does appear to have slipped under the radar - but if you're enjoying it please think about leaving us an itunes rating/review, every little helps ;-)

@VanillaLime:

SPOILER 1 BELOW:
    You may not have all you need to complete this puzzle yet as access to this room can be achieved early in the game...

SPOILER 2 BELOW:
    You'll need to find an item that can be used on the Orbit Etching on the wall. When you find it it should be fairly apparent.

SPOILER 3 BELOW:
    The clue to how you then complete this puzzle is found written on a note in a coffin.

If you're at this stage and still struggling to work it out let us know.

10. VanillaLime

VanillaLime Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Yeah I'm still stuck

Here's what I have

Just the sun disc

This is what I've found and stumped on
    1) a rotating disc with three rings. One will just move one ring. Two moves two rings at once.
    2) three dials advertised on the app shop. Click the top parts just moves the bright symbol. Clicking the bottom part moves both bright/dark symbols
    3) a room with three skulls. One has a closed mouth and the other two have an open mouth or i.e.

Questions
    1) are there any false walls, ones that you can walk through or ones that have to be slashed away?
    2) why does my health keep draining when no monsters have attacked me?
    3) where do I use the sun disc? Or can i not use it yet? If cant use it yet, will I figure it out easily when I can use it? If so, don't tell me where.

11. VanillaLime

VanillaLime Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Yeah I'm still stuck

Here's what I have

Just the sun disc

This is what I've found and stumped on
    1) a rotating disc with three rings. One will just move one ring. Two moves two rings at once.
    2) three dials advertised on the app shop. Click the top parts just moves the bright symbol. Clicking the bottom part moves both bright/dark symbols
    3) a room with three skulls. One has a closed mouth and the other two have an open mouth or i.e.

Questions
    1) are there any false walls, ones that you can walk through or ones that have to be slashed away?
    2) why does my health keep draining when no monsters have attacked me?
    3) where do I use the sun disc? Or can i not use it yet? If cant use it yet, will I figure it out easily when I can use it? If so, don't tell me where.

Update
    I managed to solve the skull room and get a sun key

12. Digi-Chain Games

Jul 28, 2011
    #33 Digi-Chain Games, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    Hi Vanillalime - well done with the skulls room...

SPOILER BELOW:

The rotating disc with 3 rings can't be solved just yet.

However the solution for the 3 rotating bright/dark cog dials should now be known to you.

1) In 'Cell 2' there is an etch on the wall, take note of the inner and outer circle and its symbols.

2) In the passage you opened with the first lever (in the large hall) there is also an etch on the wall - take note of the inner and outer circle and its symbols too.

3) The second lever you found (after the first zombie attack) opened a room with a key - in this room there is another lever which opens an addition passage next to that second lever. In this passage there is also an etch on the wall - again take note of the inner and outer circle and its symbol.

These 3 images will give you the solution to the cogs.

I'll post an image of the solution shortly...

UPDATE: Vanillalime - I've sent you a private message containing screenshot of the solution. Good luck!

13. Brodie301

Brodie301 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Very stuck

First of all kudos on this game, I'm old school and this game reminds me of the '90's only better.
    I'm stuck early.
    1- Room with cog symbol there is a button on wall that I can't figure what it opens.
    2- Room with skulls?

14. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    I haven't been able to figure the skull room out yet either, as well as a number of other things. It seems as soon as I figure one thing out I am immediately stumped by the next. I think one problem I'm having is I have not been able to figure out the game's particular logic (if there is one) and set of rules. What I mean by that is, I don't have a clear view of what is possible and not possible to do in the game. The ground rules have not been established. I am not sure if this is a good or a bad thing yet, but what it means is that the usual process of elimination (try everything until something works or you can be sure nothing does) can't really be applied. I am though, very much intrigued.

15. Digi-Chain Games

Jul 28, 2011
    For you guys that are stuck: I hope to post a complete walkthrough on my website sometime next week. Just bear with me as I'm actually just a one-man band and the day job is currently eating up all my time!

A couple of Spoilers below:

The Small Switches:

The purpose of these will become apparent later in the game. They'll make sense at that point.

The Skulls Room HINT:

To solve this you'll need to work out what the etches represent beneath each skull - they basically show each skull with its mouth open next to a rectangular image. Beneath the skull that has a closed mouth the etch shows that the mouth is open when this rectangular image is shaded out. Everything you need to solve this puzzle is contained within that room.

The Skulls Room SOLUTION:

Close the door ;-)

16. Digi-Chain Games

Jul 28, 2011
  17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Digi-chain, can you please send me that picture with the solution to the cogs? I've gone to the rooms and gotten the symbols off the walls, but I have absolutely no idea how to put them together. :/ I must've been at it for an hour!

18. Digi-Chain Games

Jul 28, 2011
    Metalcasket > Check your messages, solution sent

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Much appreciated. :) I must say...these puzzles are EVIL!