Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I have started up again and got the audi e tron immediately but i am think of saving credits till i am able to buy the audi S4.

So is that a good idea, or should i get scion frs.?

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #882 Gabrien, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    I think more often than not in these sorts of discussions, what it comes down to is semantics, or our own personal definitions of words or terms. Some people do not perceive an IAP "push" unless their gameplay experience is affected adversely to an extreme extent. Personally, I only ask a couple of simple questions: do the rewards seem fairly balanced when judged against a game without IAP? Has the game been designed with optimal player experience in mind alone, as opposed to extraction of further payment entering the equation? In this instance (as in the vast majority of cases where consumable IAP is involved) the answers are perfectly clear. We can argue "extent", and in truth in most similar debates that's all that any arguments amount to anyway, but that would be a snooze. I've long maintained that there is only one way to know consumable IAP isn't affecting your gameplay experience: it isn't there. I'm yet to see a case where this isn't so, to some extent.

3. Grolubao

Grolubao Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Since the beginning of the game I cannot buy anything, it always says:

Car packs unavailable and exits.

Anybody knows what it can be?

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Full ack.

+1

I am VERY picky when it comes to In-App Purchases for real money. And I am looking carefully at this.

Hard to tell because there is no game available that you could compare to Asphalt 8: Airborne. With or without IAPs. Gameplay-wise. Let alone all that shopping stuff.

This seems to be one of the most difficult tasks for the programmers in these days. I don't want to have this job. But I would answer both of your personal questions with yes as far as it concerns all Asphalt iOS games. (And as far as I progressed in A8.)

Same here. It wouldn't disturb me at all if there would be no In-App Purchases in Asphalt 8: Airborne. But I could perfectly and completely ignore those IAPs in all Asphalt games so far. They didn't even come in my way at any time.

Okay. I understand. Look at this and feel the speed, Gabrien.

[​IMG]

Inside Venice. My little Venice. With a car! A dream comes through.

[​IMG]

Get better. Try harder. It's possible! The sense of satisfaction, enjoyment and gratification is IMMENSE! (Hate it when I sound like a Scientology motivator.) :eek:

[​IMG]

Let me repeat, read my lips: That's almost the half of A8's career mode. I didn't buy anything for real money (except the app itself for lousy €0.89) and didn't even feel the slightest need for it.

List of all seasons

1. Welcome
    2. More Than Racing
    3. Street Rules
    4. Elite
    5. Injection
    6. Adrenaline
    7. Heat
    8. Airborne

The career mode with those seasons is pretty nice, but the best of the Asphalt series is the local multiplayer mode. Can't await when my buddies are back from holidays!!!

5. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Well made game killed by two things:

Iap (pay to win)
    Mandatory shortcuts (missed the shortcut. Game over)

Could have been great.

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    #886 Bullwinkle, Aug 25, 2013
    I currently have 375 stars in season 6, and will unlock season 7 soon. I have spent no money on IAP, and don't plan to. Here's what's in my garage:

D - Dodge Dart GT, Audi R8 e-tron, Tesla Model S, Cadillac ATS, Cadillac XTS, Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA
    C - Audi RS 3 Sportback, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive, Audi TTS Coupe, Chevrolet Camaro GS, Lotus Exige S Roadster
    B - Citroen Survolt, Aston Martin V12 Zagato (upgraded with level 1 upgrades)
    A - Chevrolet Corvette C7
    S - Ferrari FXX Evoluzione

First, a general thought. Stars are more important than credits, since stars unlock new seasons (which are essential to get to higher prizes), and new races within those seasons. Plus, the one-time star bonuses are worth quite a few credits themselves. So cars should be thought of in terms of how much it will cost to get how many stars. Cars that have a lot of make- or model-specific races are therefore generally better to buy than slightly faster alternatives.

Second, upgrades are probably not worth getting at this point. Level 1 upgrades aren't too expensive (0.5-1k each in class B) but level 2 is (4k-9k each in B). You're better off saving that money and putting it into a new car rather than planning to upgrade what you have. I expect at some point I'll have to upgrade the better cars to progress, though.

Given those:

D - I bought most of the cars for the stars I could get with them; they're cheap enough to make it worth it. Currently, I don't see a lot of value in going above the Alfa Romeo. With what I've got, There are only 7 stars I haven't got in generic D-class in season 5. There are no D races in season 6. My view may change if more D races show up in later seasons.

C - Same view as the D. I'm missing 4 stars from season 5, and again, there are no C races in season 6. I'd be surprised if there were no more C or D races in seasons 7 and 8, but right now it's not worth it to get anything higher than the Lotus.

B - I bought the Aston Martin for the car-specific stars it could get me, but by season 6 it's underpowered for its class. I'm missing 19 stars, which I'll need to pick up to move to season 7. I'm not sure at this point which to choose, the Ferrari 458 Italia or the Ford Shelby GT500. I think I'll eventually get the Shelby because that will get me more stars from Ford races (I already have a better Ferrari in class S).

A - The Corvette is a mid-game BEAST. I've got all A stars so far, and did it pretty easily, too. Worth every penny. (I chose the Corvette over the likely superior McLaren MP4-12C Spider because there were more stars in the Chevrolet. The McLaren is probably a better car, though, and not that much more expensive.)

S - I bought the Ferrari over the much cheaper Veneno because I figured I had the money, they're currently worth the same number of stars, and the FXX would help me more in season 7 (and maybe in season 6). I haven't really had the chance to learn the car yet, but it handles corners like crazy.

7. best

best Well-Known Member

Last 2 asphalt games were free and I'm 99% sure this would go free so I wait :)

8. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Yeah in 6 months I'm pretty sure it will be. But come one its one buck. I can't believe you are saying this.
    I bought the game right away and won a competition and got an extra copy as well. And yet I don't have any regret. This game is great!

9. Habakuk

Congratulations and thanks a lot to write that up, Bullwinkle!

Will the amount of rounds increase in season 6?

10. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I've beaten plenty of people with superior cars to me so how is it pay to win? Additionally, while there are a few routes you should flat out avoid many of the shortcuts involve different strategies. Some are a little longer but littered with nitros and require a tight line to get the most out of it. Others are shorter but with more risk of wrecking. Some are tricksville that can be deadly if you know how to boost effectively between jumps.

It kinda is great.

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Well guys I was at 144 position yesterday with 1048 points. And now when I checked it says something above 2000 with 720 points. Is that a bug?
    I'm really disappointed!

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    For one buck I wouldn't wait six months. Sure, if you want to buy all the cars you could consider it a $1 freemium game because you have to buy car packs and/or coins, but honestly, the fun you get for the price of a candy bar is top notch. And best of all: THERE ARE NO WAITING TIMERS!!! :D

13. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Just how to do a Flat spin? I need it to get a star

Thanks

14. Bullwinkle

Aug 24, 2011
    #894 Bullwinkle, Aug 25, 2013
    Each season is three races longer than the season before it. You can count the the exact number in each season (even if you haven't unlocked it) by looking at the stars in the corner and dividing by 5. So it goes from 12 races in season 1 to 33 races in season 8, 180 races in all.

Drift while going over a flat ramp.

15. Habakuk

Thanks for the info. And the single rounds in each race (of the round-based races)? They increased from one to two in Season 2 and 3. I am sure there will be races with three rounds.

Btw the tracks are pretty long in A8. Longer than in A7 afair.

16. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    No, you're wrong: no online multiplayer also on iPhone 4, which has 512 MB of RAM, so.... I'm still waiting for Ryan to answer our question...

17. Bullwinkle

Aug 24, 2011
    Oh, I see, you meant how many laps are there per race. So far, all races I've seen are either one or two laps. No three-lap races yet.

18. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Any tips on the map Monaco?

And also, should I buy a new car soon? I'm using the Ford Focus for C and Mini Cooper for D, and I think they are crappy using them in season 4 and forward.

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

Thanks

20. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    But honestly, where are the BMWs and why did they replace the beastly and intimidating Lamborghini Aventador for that crappy and ugly Veneno and Urus?

Really hope more cars would be coming soon.