Game Controller Supported Game List/Wishlist + Controllers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Xeyad, Sep 18, 2013.

1. syphern84

syphern84 Member

Sep 19, 2013
    hey guys i have the moga and its awesome but some of my games dont work - aspalt 8 not working or meltdown!?!?! it recognises that there is a controller but it doesnt respond anyone else having the same problem? other games are flawless

2. thebeat07

thebeat07 Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I bought this controller just for king of fighters and call of duty

3. ThorsRus

ThorsRus Active Member

Oct 22, 2013
  4. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    I was just at Best Buy and Toys R Us (looking for screen protectors for my new shiny golden Zelda 3DS XL) and noticed both if them had both the moga and Logitech pads on display. I checked out both of them and here are my impressions.

MOGA - like others have reported, it DOES feel cheap. While it does have all the features I'm looking for, there's no way id pay $100 for this thing. The only thing I could compare it to, build quality wise, is a PSP GO, but it feels even cheaper and more fragile than that. It has to be the cheapest plastic you can get. On the positive side, it does feel good in your hands.

LOGITECH - now THIS feels much better, from the quality of the plastic, to the overall feel of the device. MUCH more solid build. The problem is the lack of analog sticks. Still, no way I'd pay for this. I already have an icade 8-bitty, which is BETTER just for the fact that it's stand alone and costs around $30.

CONCLUSION - we're not there yet folks, but we're getting closer. I think I speak for most people when I say this. Stand alone Bluetooth controller. Standard 10 button layout with dual analog sticks. Works on ALL devices that support iOS7. Sell it for $50 bucks or less (like every other controller on the market). Let's go guys! (Logitech, I'm looking at you)

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I think $100 i way too expensive.

6. You can buy 3 icade core joysticks with that.

7. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I know.

I think i will just wait for a permanent price drop

8. DarkScience

DarkScience Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    I want a controller now, I'm not waiting any longer. What we need is bladepd and game case to reveal their hand! And too see if Logitech is doing a version with dual stick? I can't believe they would only do one with out, what's the point in that!! Massively limiting the potential market to some one that wants a remote but is not interested in mimicking (modern) console control!

Moga has has some poor issues of units not working out if the box. Or not working after 30 minutes use! I really don't want to default to one if these!!!

9. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. No way I'll get these $100 Toy R' Us controllers :)

10. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Guys which game is this?

[​IMG]

11. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #212 Gov, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Found out the app in the picture is named - Real Steel World Robot Boxing (WRB)

12. DarkScience

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    #213 DarkScience, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    Guys, been on the bladepad Facebook page, they have answered a few questions on there and they are saying apple is making it hard for them, the dont expect release till spring 2014 :(

Thought Ide share, might have to get moga then swap for this when it's out, I want a controller for Christmas!!!

13. Squablo

Oct 24, 2010
    Apple is making it difficult? Good grief, that figures. Ok, well, I guess by now we are used to Apple not giving us what we want, and in times like these, we do what we always do. We turn to the jailbreak community!!!!

I have hope that between evad3rs and BluTrol, maybe there will be a way to use PS3 controllers for these games in the near future. Apple, I just don't understand you guys. You give us support for controllers, but then won't give us the damn controllers to play the game with. Why don't you guys just rip off the ps3 controller design (like everyone else out there) and slap an apple symbol on it. Make all the money yourselves!!!!!!

It's crazy!! Usually we get the hardware first and then have to wait for the software. This time, it's the other way around? Who releases software before they release the actual hardware? This is insanity!!!!!!!

14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Here's the quote from Bladepad's Facebook page (posted on Nov 18th):

15. ThorsRus

ThorsRus Active Member

Oct 22, 2013

Let's just slooooow down. Apple is apple and the simple fact is that controller support for iOS is low on their totem pull of priority's. I'm convinced the only reason we have that right now is because of Steve Jobs passing (God rest his soul). Steve didn't like games much, and didn't like adding buttons to anything.

Yes it's very frustrating cause guys like you and me, who are very enthusiastic about playing great games on our iOS device, want it now. That simply isn't going to happen. The guys that make the blade pad are a small team, and they have to play my apple's rules. Apples rules make it so these guys have to do some re-ingeneering. That unfortunately takes allot of time.

I sure by this time next year we'll have a controller of probable every kind of shape and size you can imagine. Kinda like all the different keyboards they have for iPads. We will see them roll out as the months pass. Perhaps even see some at CES 2014.

16. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Thanks for the report, Squablo! I can't wait to get my paws on the Logitech pad. Even without the analog sticks, I'll get one. I just want a gamepad that feels great to use.

For sure! It'll take time to make great controllers.

17. DarkScience

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    I also asked Logitech if they were doing a thumb stick version of their powershell, they said they could not comment, but to keep watching their Facebook page for updates on this matter.

I said ok I'll read between the lines, I look forward to seeing it!!

That would be good, people who have felt both Logitech and moga say the quality is much better on the Logitech.

18. Squablo

Oct 24, 2010
    This should be a very simple process. It's not like we are reinventing the wheel here. Bluetooth technology has been used for gaming controllers for YEARS!! Video games have been using physical controllers for decades. So.......ok. We have a platform that has both games and Bluetooth technology.......and the support for the controllers is even built into the damn OS now. So let's see......how long has Logitech been making Bluetooth controllers for other things? Also, we have had games ready for controller support months before the hardware was ready!! Are we to assume that the mighty Apple, who made smartphones and tablets common place, just can't get it right? This space age company can't get the code right for 10 year old technology? This seems ludicrous to me.

If they can get keyboard support ready from day one, and developers have been using that code with icade for a long time now, how is it again that we don't have this ready?!?!?!

I'm no coder, but looking at BluTrol, and how complex that seems to be, and it was made by 2 people........it supports all kinds of controllers, from icade, to ps3 dualshock, to even wiimotes! It blows my mind to think of the gaming gold mine the iPad could be, with little to no effort from Apple. Gaming is a HUGE industry! PS4 and Xbox One both sold over a million units in 24 hours at launch, at $400-$500 per unit. Imagine what Apple could do if only they could figure out how to get a simple $50 Bluetooth controller to work........see how silly that sounds? Why would you NOT want to make more money? I just don't understand this at all. I've been waiting for a physical controller since the day the iPad came out. It's been YEARS!! Let's just say I'm a bit frustrated........

19. thebeat07

thebeat07 Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I been using my Moga for 3 days now and i can say it is very good device. Actually the material does not feel that bad. Games are so much easier to play.