Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. pianistbygrace

Apr 4, 2011
    Web Designer / Developer
    Philippines
    Yes, that's just normal, one quest appear per day regardless if you complete the current or not, so incase you didn't complete any of the quest, on the third day you'll have 3 quests available.

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    On the iPad I'm offered standard dust but I'll try on the Mac tonight in case I can get the nerf dust instead ;-)

It's gonna be the BloodHoof I think - he's just such a monster.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Cairne's my favorite legend so far. He doesnt win you games outright, but he's the one who sets up the board for you more often than not. He usually trades for 3 to 4 cards which makes him a great value card. Just watch out for cards like Polymorph and Hex ;)

4. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I main miracle and tempo rogue. Vancleef is a must have as you can't just rely on leeroy finisher every time. The black knight is good, I use it too, but not for miracle. Best for tempo and control.

I did a google search and found out about a fireside gathering in the Philippines on the 26 of april. No other info was presented. (facebook page). Will add you. So far in this thread, besides you, there are 3 other pinoys. EP, Savant and Alister. FYI.

Nerfed cards can only refunded maximum of two weeks after it was nerfed, then it goes back to the original/normal dust craft/de cost.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Speaking of nerfs, i hope they do something about the Warlock and Hunter decks.

It's very limiting to either play aggro or play anti aggro. Anything in between is so-so.

6. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Yeah, no more constructive play. Warlock hero power should be fixed. I think its broken. Considering you can combo low health. Unleash the hounds should be fixed, that card is broken too, despite me using hunter right now. I would still prefer to go back to my rogue.

Philippines fireside gathering info can be found here. I hope the link is working.

Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/hspilipinas/

7. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    If anyone wants to add me ThePoo

8. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Your battle tag Id should have #xxxx where xxxx is four numbers. Fyi.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #609 Exact-Psience, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Warlock hero power should be fixed. I think its broken. - This. Zoo is too overwhelming because of this. Not even 2 board wipes can stop Zoo if the board wipes dont include putting a body on the board.

2 minions played per turn is too much to handle especially if the Zoo player had a great one-two punch in his starting turns.

UTH should be nerfed in such a way that it would take a few more turns before they can unleash the combos starting with Tracking. Or maybe the buzzard. MOst of the time, i can accept the fact that UTH is a good race card when behind, but the existence of the buzzard in play when that happens is just game winning.

10. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    #610 tabs, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    While non warlock players are busy adding cards that allows them to draw 'a card', warlocks will never have to. It's a big drawback that I need to have 2 loot hoarders just so I can maintain my hand.

UTH used to just give your beasts charge, and was nerfed due to hunter's one turn kill. It was then changed to 4cc and give 1/1 charge for each creature. Nobody used it. After changing to 2cc, then the madness starts. I hope to rank up playing against different decks, rather than hunters and warlocks 90% of the time.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^The 2cc change opened the card up for combos which made it insanely good, to a point of brokenness.

13. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Card hunter on the iPad would be amaze-ballz.

14. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    The link is working and it does point to an active Hearthstone Philippines Group. They post screens of their Arena wins, with one even posting a 12 win Arena win - highest I've been able to do was 5 wins so far! They also posted some wicked packs where they were able to get 2 Legendaries in 1 pack! What a lucky draw that was...

15. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I think both things won't get a nerf because they are the only cheap decks that can be competitive even at legendary.. The darkside of a nerf would be a legend card centric meta which only big whales can get or stay on the top..

Such is the tediousness of game balancing... Even a FTP player can be number one.. At least the pay to win scenario is dispelled..

16. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Is it possible to view archives of old streams on twitch? I searched and found the toucharcade user on the twitch app, but it just shows the user bio in a window. No videos.

17. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I also don't think they will change anything because I believe blizzard is confident that the 30 new cards will change the meta.

18. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Yup that's probably right.. Speaking of new cards, I'm quite excited to get my hands on those poison seeds.. The token Druid deck is going to have such a fun time :D.

19. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #619 K0N3, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    How to install ipad only games onto iphones!!

I was recently asked to create a detailed guide on how to install iPad games onto your iPhone. This tweak only works on Jailbroken devices!! I've been playing Hearthstone for a couple of weeks now on my iPhone 5!

How to install and play Hearthstone on your iPhone

Things you'll need to have installed on your PC:
    iFunbox/iTunes or equivalent
    7zip/Winrar or equivalent
    Plist editor (the free version)
    Copy of Hearthstone

Right click the Hearthstone .ipa and open with 7zip/Winrar (DO NOT EXTRACT!). Here you'll find three files: Payload, iTunesArtwork and iTunesMeta.plist. Open up the Payload folder, you'll then be presented with one folder called hearthstone.app, again open this folder. Once opened you'll see multiple folders and app icons... Find the info.plist file and open, this should open up in your plist editor program. On line 93 you'll see UIDeviceFamily and the integer beneath it (line 95). The integer is what tells the app which devices to install on. Copy the code < integer>2</ integer> (they're no spaces, I've added them just for this message) and paste it directly beneath this (delete any spaces that may have been copied over so it looks the same as the integer above). Change the integer number to 1, so you should now see this:

< Key>UIDeviceFamily< /key>
    < array>
    < integer>1< /integer>
    < integer>2< /integer>
    < /array>

Again I've added the spaces so the forum doesn't break them. Integer 1 is for iPhones and iPods and integer 2 is for iPads. Now all you have to do is click file then save in the plist editor and then close the editor program. This will present you with the prompt saying the Info.plist was modified and do you want to update it in the archive, click ok. Close the file manager (7zip, Winrar) Congratulations you've made this app universal, now all you have to do is install this app (via itunes, ifunbox etc).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As I said earlier, because of the iPads resolution, 4" screens have a black border (unsure if this is the case for 3.5" screens) So this is where the tweak fullforce comes into play, but you'll need to be jailbroken to install this tweak. Open Fullforce, find Hearthstone and click it, check the option, stretched (best for games).

Thats all there is to it really, this works for most iPad only games, I also have FTL installed on my iPhone 5 (see screenshots below). It may seem a little daunting at first, but once you've done it once or twice you'll find it very easy to achieve!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope this small tutorial is concise enough for you all to understand... Awaiting any and all feedback!!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    just had a really close fight against a priest using my Warriorsmith deck.

Dropped him down to about 15 with Alexstraza, followed by Rag, and then Ysers on each of the next turns but he always had answers. Thanks to Alexstraza though, since he was at around +/-15 health (healing and taking damage) he lost the fatigue battle even if i started taking fatigue damage before he did. His last card was a Sylvanas which would have gotten him the win (we both had 9 hp at the end of the game) when i used my last Acolyte of Pain to attack him with the only dream card i got from Ysera (Nightmare, which gives +5/+5 but minion dies at end of turn)and swinging my Axe to his face to seal the game :)

It's just stupid how lucky people are with their Thoughtsteals and Mindgames. He used Ragnaros against me, and he has played a friggin Gorehowl and a Cairne as well.

He also managed to copy my own Ragnaros with the manipulator.

Really fun game, but it's stupid (but admittedly effective) how Priest cards are so much weaker, but uses your cards against you to even the game out.

My most fun games usually are against Priests, which makes me think i should make a priest deck of my own too.