Universal Sky Force 2014 (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterID, Apr 25, 2014.

1. twenty-one

twenty-one Member

Jul 26, 2014
    #761 twenty-one, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    I do have the same problem, matey! :( Anyhow, which cards are missing on your collection? care to post em? :D

thank you.

Edit: kindly see post below this one. Re: cards.

Cheers!

2. phusy

phusy New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    #762 phusy, Jul 27, 2014
    Wow, the card system is awesome. After a lot of time to play, I collected all of cards. Here the list of cards you can collect:
    Series 1+2+3 (3 cards/serie): hangar capacity + 1
    Series 4+5+6 (3 cards/serie): plane production time -5%
    Series 7+8+9 (3 cards/serie): upgrade installation -5%
    Series 10+11+12 (1 card/serie): initial fire rate +1 (help you beat stage 5 ez)
    Series 13+14+15 (1 card each): missile/laser/bomb damage +10% (small buff but it's not enough...)
    Series 16 (1 card): Shield duration +10% (more 1s!)
    Series 17 (3 cards): rescue rope lenght +5%
    Series 18 (1 card): upgrade price -10% (wow!)
    Series 19 (1 card): health regen (little useless, enemy firepower is too strong, but this power help you survive the final boss)
    Series 20/21/22 (1 card each): laser/bomb/shield to begin with +1
    Series 23 (3 cards): plane's speed +5%
    Series 24 (1 card): new camouflage skin (nice, but can't help you for survive from enemy)
    You must WIN the stage for gain the card, 1 card drop/stage, rare drop for gold card.
    I found a bug from the end of stage( I play in android version): after finish a stage, if you have a card, this card will show, but the description of the card isn't match with the icon (like it say laser damage +10% but the icon is "shield upgrade"...

I beat all stage (earn all medals) with all difficulties, except stage 8 insane. Srsl this map like hell, you can't survive frome enemy's bullets. Enemy's firepower is very very imba. My ship upgrade's max but still dead with 1 hit from ray gun tower (mini cannon shot bullet like turret from boss tank level 7), the machine gun tower (fire chain of pink bullet) fire A LOT of bullets, you can't dodge all.
    So stage 8 insane: destroy 70% enemy (possible if you use special weapon wisely), rescue all peoples (... can't reach), destroy 100% enemy (what? :confused: ), no damage (ok, I quit :eek:)
    My suggestion for the game:
    * Rebalance tower damage please
    * Buff health regen item, 9% recover is not enough)
    * Release new ship from old Sky Force :D : I suggest the purple ship (fast speed, small than red ship, ez to dodge bullet but worst armor, carry less super weapon) ; the brown ship ( slow but high armor, carry more superweapon, big than normal)
    * Upgrade level 4 to missile: you can fire 2 missiles
    <3 Love Sky Force 2014

Edit: At last, I beat 3/4 medals (70% destroys, 100% destroy, rescue). Only one left. Wait for balance patch :p

3. BillyRayPreachersSon

Jul 14, 2014
    How long does it take for achievements to sync via iCloud?

@PeterID: How long does it take for achievements to sync via iCloud?

I rescued 1 VIP on my iPhone, and then later, one on my iPad. Some time later on both devices, the "rescue 5 VIPs" achievement is showing only 20% still, instead of the 40% I'd expect.

The card I picked up on my iPad (in the same run as the VIP) synced to my iPhone, but not the VIP rescue.

Why would this be?

As you know, I had a load of stats wiped out when enabling iCloud sync prior to v1.10 and had no choice but to simply work to get the stars back (annoyingly). Now my ship is back up to max everything, and I'm on v1.20 of the game, I'd hoped that iCloud sync issues would have been ironed out...

Thanks,

Dan

4. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #764 Foghorn Irrascible, Jul 27, 2014
    Have played and completed 5 runs since updating, no idea what this Cards thing is. Not seen a single one yet. Does the difficulty and level choice and number of badges already completed have any effect on what Cards are supposed to appear? Coz I don't really have any levels I haven't already completed on Hard or even Insane. Is that why I'm not seeing Cards?

Edit, now up to 10 completed runs since updating, no hint of a card.

Edit 2, finally! Saw one on my 11th run ;)

5. nanyeah

nanyeah Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I need two more friends to start the championship, Add me nanyeah2 on gamecenter #

6. twenty-one

twenty-one Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Invite has been sent, matey. Cheers!

7. twenty-one

twenty-one Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Just keep grinding mate. It will make your gameplay easier as you get more cards.

Have fun and good luck!

8. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Well, something is up. Yesterday all day, the game lagged on menus, since last night I have completed several, possibly more than ten and not seen a single card. I've killed from background, restarted wifi, but nothing. I am not even seeing friends that I've rescued on the field or new ones despite having about 15 new ones everyday.
    This game might be great and look pretty, but boy, it has more bugs than a bait store!

9. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Fun game but I simply cannot get the game to upload itself to iCloud so that I can play across all of my devices. :mad: I tried enable/disabling/enabling and rebooting.

10. BillyRayPreachersSon

Jul 14, 2014
    #770 BillyRayPreachersSon, Jul 27, 2014
    Is the "Yeah, I'll have a bag of those" achievement buggy in v1.20?

@PeterID:

Is the "Yeah, I'll have a bag of those" achievement buggy in v1.20?

I checked my GC stats, and was on 90% of 500,000 stars (so 1% per 5000). I collected another 5527 stars - enough to push me up to 91%, yet I'm still at 90%. I tried quitting Sky Force and restarting, but still the stats remain at 90%.

Admittedly, I spent 3250 stars on in-level power-ups while earning those stars, but that shouldn't have any bearing on things - the award is for stars collected, not stars collected minus stars spent.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Dan

11. designker

designker Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Make sure in Settings that iCloud > Documents & Data is turned on.

12. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Added a few people from this thread. Feel free to add me GC: Artvarg
    This sure is one of the best iOS games and the update just adds to it.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So I read about some rescuing, the today I get a card - rescue rope length + 5%? What exactly is this rescuing?

Also, I see stars by names of people on my friends leaderboards - what are these?

I think I may be missing some elements that could be adding to enjoyment.

14. adansantos

May 29, 2013
    Rescuing Humans of course...:)

Means that you can get that little bit further from them without the rope 'breaking'. It has worked wonders for me, especially rescuing them on stage 5 while avoiding the EMP. I no longer have to go to the other side of the screen to fool it :D

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Now don't I feel stupid? Yes, I do. :rolleyes:

On another note - anyway to see what level our gamefriend friends last played?

16. adansantos

May 29, 2013
    Phusy, have you gotten all these cards you mention above?

I have stopped getting ANY cards since yesterday, which could be because I'm maxed out on what I can have; I have 3 each of 1-9, 1 each of 10-12, 3 of 17, 21 & 22 and 3 of 23.
    So missing 13-16, 19, 20 & 24 :(

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Holy cow - finally beat level 7, and tried level 8 - looks like I am going to need to max out a few weapons. No time to hang out in this level.

18. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Make sure you tap on those stars - you can collect them!

19. phusy

phusy New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hi bro,
    13->16, 19, 20, 24 are golden cards. Golden card is very hard-to-drop. For me, I played many times (average 15 times in stage 7 on hard/insane for drop only one gold card). So I think it depend on your luck. So here my tip for find the golden card:
    *Play stage 7 in hard/insane mode (for me stage 7 have a lot of crates)
    *If you don't get any card before you face the battleship boss, you are unlucky ( 95% gold cards drop in begin of stage 7 ), finish/suicide/retry the stage.
    *Play until you find all golden cards.

Good luck!

20. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Excellent game, got the Ad Remover and Plane Generator to support the developer. Easily the prettiest shmup I've played on IOS. Really love all the crisp vivid effects, make the action that much more intense. Starborn, Phoenix, and Plasma Sky are still my favorite shooters but Sky Force is definitely the most visually impressive.