Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #121 xStatiCa, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    I am giving it another shot. I deleted the NZ soft launch version and downloaded the US version and will start my opinions with a clean slate. They revamped the settlements at the US release so I will give it another chance.

EDIT: They probably should have started a new thread for the US release because this new version is changed from the soft launch version where all previous comments were based on.

2. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Wasn't expecting to go for 2 hours straight. Need to stay away.

3. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Most of these style games take time to build stuff. Even the best like Settlers takes time to build stuff. Maybe just not quite so long! It's free and looks nice. I'll do what I always do with F2P games, I play them til I can't get anywhere any more then delete and get the next one. As for timers switch the game off and play something else like Space Colors or Brightridge or something else, then come back once the timers have run out. That's the way I play them and it works for me.

4. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Mobage = No, thanks

5. tamon76

tamon76 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    What a shame. Game started out REALLY good. Then out of nowhere, it requires you to sign in with either Facebook or Mobage.

Deleted.

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Populous was my favorite game of all time. GODUS had me excited and I was an early Kickstarter supporter so I've been playing it off and on on my PC while trying not to develop a serious case of carpal tunnel syndrome because of all the clicking that is required...the most of any game I've ever player. Well. The ipad version solves all of that. This is one of the few games that plays better on a touch device.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nothing like populous to me. Controls are pretty awkward too I keep re shaping things I don't mean to.

I like building but I'm not a creative person so designing the land isn't really my thing.

8. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    Have you Populous lovers heard of Reprisal or Reprisal Universe? It's probably the closest game out there that is like a modern-day Populous. Too bad there is no mobile version yet:

http://www.reprisalthegame.com
    http://www.reprisaluniverse.com

9. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    #129 TokyoDan, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Cheated, Hustled, and about to escape from being raped.

I was one of the saps that was an early Kickstarter supporter. And now I see that GODUS has been turned into one of the most despised types of games in the gaming industry, a Freemium game with timers and loads of IAPs, and not just IAPs but CONSUMABLE IAPs, up to a ridiculous 50 bucks.

As an early backer I'd expect to get a special unlock code that allow me to get those IAPs for free.

Peter Molyneux, the man who made one of the greatest games ever made and my all time favorite game, has stooped so low.

And being an early Kickstarter supporter who paid cash, I feel like I helped to finance this scheme to take advantage of the gamers who get hooked on these types of games.

10. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Hmm servers must be crashing as when I try to log on it kicks me back to my iPad screen

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Also the game makes my phone extremely hot like MC5 and you wouldn't think it would use so much power?

I stick to Micromon in work and when out I can play for hours and still not use much battery.

12. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I had the same problem when I first downloaded it during the soft launch, I guess they still didn't fix that issue, the game drained all my battery within an two hour

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    It's exactly what I feared it would be. I've gotten to the point where I don't even pay much attention to the new releases each week because all of the high profile titles are "free."

Mobage should change their name to Mogarbage.

14. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I am a backer too. I got so excited when they had all these video updates every week sharing the development process with us all. I ate it up. Then....they went quiet. I am sad it ended up this way. I hope the PC version is devoid of this IAP nonsense but they partnered with DeNA so it was expected. Still, the reality hurts.

I miss Populous.

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #135 Andre, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    It's a very cool game. I think I'm God while playing it!!!!!!!!! :D :D

16. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
  17. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Can some explain why it's free on here but $20 on steam?

18. Sestion

Sestion Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Another backer from Kickstarter here. Kind of feeling disappointed it turned out like this. I feel somewhat guilty for helping this travesty unfold the way it did. I wish at least the KS and early backers had some incentive to talk this game up as IAP Freemium hell abounds in the game.

19. CHEESEYZOMBIE

CHEESEYZOMBIE Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    looks like its written by a fukn 5 year old... or doge

20. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    Yeah, it should be at least $5.00 on iPad (for non-Kickstarter backers) without all the IAPs. Actually they probably expect to make a lot more money with this freemium game than with the Steam version. They use every known trick in the book to take advantage of personalities that easily get addicted.