Universal Tactile Wars (by Ankama)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Green180

Green180 New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    It still doesn't work!

Even after the update I still cannot get past the tutorial. I have restarted my phone and uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

2. Orionis

Orionis Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Yeah, I still can't get past the "store mines" part in the tutorial. Well, at least Ankama is working on it.

3. Ankama

Ankama Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

We had an issue with the latest update. The fixes that were supposed to be applied were just not.
    A new version is about to be submitted to Apple to really fix things this time.

We sincerly apologize for the inconvenience and delay.

4. Orionis

Orionis Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Oh, that explains it then. Hopefully the update comes out soon.

5. Neekk0

Neekk0 New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Hey Ankama team!
    I have a question that I previously posted on the TW subreddit and was told maybe I could find help onthese forums.
    So I'll just copy-paste my question here:

"Hi! I've just recently started playing TW on my old android device because that was what I had at hand when I was first shown the game. Sadly it didn't run it as smoothly and I decided to switch to my ipad just to realize i had blocked myself from using my prefered username by deinstalling it on the android first without having linked it to FB.
    Is there any way I can request data from both the new fb and the old unlinked account to be deleted? (so that my name is freed and i can start a fresh game?) I can provide the usernames (here or PM?) and ensure they barely have the tutorial and the first battle completed.(team is red)"

I'm aware you just launched the game and the system could be still be a bit shaky and this is not top priority atm but is this somehow possible or do you have any plans regarding the account system that could help?

6. Mr.Grumpy

Mr.Grumpy New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    really enjoying this game. there's a few conectivity glitches which i'm sure you're working on and about 50% of the time there is no one for me too attack. hopefully that will be fixed with the new update.

the other issue i've come across is players with way too many defences than should be allowed. even with the max allocation, some players have too much. for example i just attacked a player that had 3 max helis, 3 max snipers, 3 maxed vannons plus other defences. please fix this "glitch".

also...i think the ACDC achievement will be impossible to do. how can i get an A in medals but a D in combos? doesn't make sense.

7. krishanoo

krishanoo New Member

Aug 27, 2015
    That ID is gone I guess!

This is happening with me also. Even if you link it with FB on your iPad and download on some other device and connect with FB, that saved game will not tranfer. I have completed the game till lvl 24 threeeeee times. And till that update doesn't come out, I cannot start a new game on my new phone (4th device). I hope the new update helps. Goodluck. Hope to see you attack my little team someday. The game id is CoolCatchin.

8. Neekk0

Neekk0 New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Whelp...

Yes I guess it is gone if not even fb linking is working right now... I'll just have to bear with "INeekk0" until (if even) name changes are possible. Its actually not that bad. I highly suggest free or even paid name and color change, though :) (and to free unused names!)
    I'll look for that base!

9. Mr.Grumpy

Mr.Grumpy New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    i just attacked a guy with 8 elite vannons and 2 max bunkers. how is this possible? please fix this.

10. colonator

colonator New Member

Sep 9, 2015
    #370 colonator, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Matchmaking and other issues

[EDIT: The first issue on the paragraph brbelow got fixed when I reached lvl 40, but items/bugs 1, 2, and 4 are still there :( ... Thanks for improving the connection issues! :D ]

Hi all,
    I don't know if this has happened to anyone here, but I am currently at lvl 39 and 2,300+ ranking, and all I am getting when I try to attack is players between 1100-1400 rankings (these numbers may vary). This started happening last night, and is really frustrating for high level/ranking players, since the result of a win is 0 rank points (and a huge rank points loss if the battle is lost).
    There are also other bugs that really annoy me (sorry Ankama):

1- Sometimes when you win a battle and go to the next territory for a fight, you cannot select any mercenary to join the battle, and the only way around this is fighting with NO mercenary.

2- Multitasking on your phone with the game is tricky. If you switch to another app, most of the times the game will restart.

3- Serious connection problems (I've seen lots of these on the app reviews, so I don't think I need to provide more details)

4- Too many loading screens (this might be a little too much to complain about, but why not?).
    Is there any way that these issues can be addressed on the next update(s)?

Thanks,
    Gamer name: colonatorz

11. ojp21

ojp21 New Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Bug still preventing me from playing.

Just wondering if we could get an ETA on the new update, game still doesn't work for me and I'd really like to try it out.

12. Aitherios

Aitherios Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Minnesota, USA
    Right now! :)

13. Mr.Grumpy

Mr.Grumpy New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    anyone else not getting any leaderboard points? for either attacking or defending i get 0 points for a victory. even after the update.

14. Orionis

Orionis Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Yay!! Finally, it works! Currently level 6, as I've only played it for like 45 minutes... But still, great job Ankama!

15. ravinpizazz

ravinpizazz Active Member

Jul 26, 2012
    This Defense Isn't Possible Is It?

Okay so I've seen these defense before but this is ridiculous. A level 28 with these many defenses on one area? I mean look at how many there are! That's way over budget right?

Attached Files:

16. Ankama

Ankama Well-Known Member

As you probably all already noticed now, the update is finally live since yesterday. Yes, finally.

Changelog includes the main following points:

- New server status window
    - Push notifications issues fixed
    - Improved tutorial
    - Improved iOS7 compatibility
    - Network stability improvements

We took the feedback in your previous posts here in consideration. We're still working on the game and some cool stuff are coming soon...

Once again, we really appreciate your support! It means a lot to us. Thank you.

17. Mr.Grumpy

Mr.Grumpy New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    thanks for the update. seems a lot more stable now.

- still not getting any leaderboard points for a victory (only losing them for a loss).
    - still some players abusing a glitch with defenses (see post above).

really enjoying the gameplay, looking forward to future updates.

18. Aitherios

Aug 16, 2015
    Minnesota, USA
    I am so excited to find what "Boss" is in the game. *twiddles fingers*

19. Aitherios

Aug 16, 2015
    Minnesota, USA
    Funny, I came across LUMBERofJACK just now and his defenses weren't like that at all.

20. 0ld Gamer

0ld Gamer Active Member

Aug 20, 2015
    This looks amazing.
    I just love this game.