iPod reset itself... any reason to worry?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MidianGTX, Dec 10, 2009.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Alright something is up with my iPod... I was doing great in Minigore when suddenly it sorta reset for no reason. I went black for a second then the Apple logo popped up, and stayed there for about 3 minutes before returning to normal. I was playing with the USB cable attached and the battery was almost full so that's not the problem... is my iPod dying or was that (hopefully) just a rare occurrence?

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    That has happened to me a couple of times, I hope it doesn't mean anything. I'm on a 3rd gen touch BTW, but it also happened with my 2nd gen.

I don't think it means anything, maybe just something crashed within the game that caused the restart?

3. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    happened to me once or twice a couple months ago, hasn't happened since, though. i don't think it's anything to worry about.

4. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    happens to me alot when playing minigore on my itouch 2ng 3.1.2

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks guys. I've still got about 6 months warranty left anyway so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it :)

Do the devs know about it? We're on the same device and OS version so I guess it could easily be a problem with the game if you say it happens a lot.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I'm on 3.1.2 too, and MG crashed hard on me a couple days ago.

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Huh. Never happened to me, musta been a pain to sync everything back on your iPod.

8. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I was charging too on my 2ng gen with 3.1.1, someone should tell timo cause I don't think it's a coincidence

9. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Student
    The US
    Happened to me. And I had a 10,000+ Score going too. Someone needs to tell Timo, like Spidey said.

10. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened to me!
    I just did an all-nighter with MiniGore, and nothing crashed!

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I get that a lot when using the search when I have about 520+ apps on.

However...

After the update, in MiniGore none of my characters have legs! :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Thats... normal isn't it? or are you joking? I couldn't actually remember if they were supposed to have legs so I just started it up and the first quote John Gore said was "Get off my leg! Oh yeah I have no legs".

13. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I have a 3rd generation iPod touch and Minigore, sure there were app crashes and times that a game halted causing minor overheat problems, but I've never seen the device reboot itself once. Your problem sounds like a hardware failure or a glitch in the operating system, not the fault of the apps' developer.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Maybe I've just played too many other games like this, I could have sworn these guys had legs at some point...

Either that or it's time to lay off the shamrocks. :eek:

15. tmcaffeine

tmcaffeine Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    :p They never had legs. Except in some of the concept art.

16. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Is it because you played Zombieville with john gore?

17. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    it be good if you guys could get the crash logs when it crashes again and send it to [email protected]
    dont PM any of the dev's, they've asked us to send it to that email

we (betas) didnt experience any crashes in the latest beta we got so every crash log you guys send in will help a lot

how to
    Whenever you synchronize your iPhone or iPod Touch, all the crash logs are transferred to your computer. Here are their locations:

* Mac OS X : ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
    * Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/<DEVICE_NAME>
    * Windows Vista: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>

The log file names start with application name and have the extension “crash”. They are just plain text files and can be sent by e-mail in original or zipped form, or even copy-pasted into your e-mail program.