Infinity Blade (Universal) - SALE (5.99 > 2.99) + Multiplayer Update OUT!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by KiddToKmart, May 19, 2011.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    What a steal at 2.99 - grab it now!

Infinity Blade

Epic Games
    Winner of the 2011 Apple Design Award, and more than 20 “Game of the Year” & “Top App” awards! Tons of NEW FREE CONTENT…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $5.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Winner of the 2011 Apple Design Award, and more than 20 “Game of the Year” & “Top App” awards! Tons of NEW FREE CONTENT available now! See below for more details. From Epic Games’ award-winning studio, ChAIR Entertainment, comes Infinity Blade, a new sword fighting action game developed exclusively for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Here’s what the press has to say about Infinity Blade: **JOYSTIQ: 5 out of 5 - "In terms of recreating a console-level experience on the iPhone, you simply will not do better than Infinity Blade" **GAMEPRO: 5 out of 5 - "The next generation of handheld gaming is here" **SLIDE TO PLAY: 4 out of 4 - "Any serious iOS gamer should grab this one up" **ENGADGET: 9 out of 10 - "Utterly delicious to look at" **IGN: 9 out of 10 - "Infinity Blade is easily one of the most defining iPhone games of 2010" **TOUCHARCADE: "It doesn't get much more 'must have' than this" **GIZMODO: "An iOS game like you've never seen before" The first mobile game powered by Epic’s cutting-edge Unreal Engine 3 technology, Infinity Blade takes handheld gaming to new heights with gorgeous visuals, adrenaline-fueled battles and advanced character progression in a fully 3D castle realm. INFINITY BLADE For untold ages, the God King has ruled with an iron fist - his power is incalculable; his followers, legion. Now you must journey to the Dark Citadel to battle his Titans, one by one, until you face the tyrant himself. As it has been for all in your bloodline, this is your birthright - to free your people from an endless legacy of darkness. The immortal can be vanquished - but only if heart, mind, and steel are one. DYNAMIC SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN Spectacular 3D characters and environments powered by the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 bring to life the story of a lone knight’s pursuit to save civilization. RESPONSIVE AND INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS Attack, dodge, block, and cast devastating spells - all with the simple swipe of a finger. SIMPLE NAVIGATION Easy to use, tap-to-move controls enable players to effortlessly navigate and explore the castle realm while searching for collectable items such as treasure, swords, shields, armor and other magical objects. DEEP CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION Dozens of Swords, Shields, Helmets, Armor, and Magic Rings to acquire and master - leveling up your character and increasing Attack, Health, Shield and Magic skills. GAME CENTER Achievements and Leaderboards, challenge your friends to multiplayer matches online via Game Center! Universal App - Play Infinity Blade on iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4/4s, iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 6/6+/6s/6s+, iPhone SE, iPhone 7/7+, iPhone 8/8+, iPad 1/2/3/4, iPad Air/Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini/Mini 2/Mini 3/Mini 4, iPod Touch 3 (16GB or above), or iPod Touch 4/5/6 for a single low price. NOTES: - If you are experiencing technical issues with the App, please visit the Infinity Blade support page at: http://infinitybladegame.com/ - IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended that you upgrade your device to the latest iOS version. - PARENTS: you can turn off In-App purchasing in the iOS settings. Follow @Infinityblade on Twitter
    Information
    Seller:Epic Games
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Dec 09, 2010
    Updated:Oct 19, 2017
    Version:1.4.3
    Size:944.1 MB
    User Rating: (53)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Not seeing the update, and no one has reported seeing it yet..

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Yep just got it redownload trick
    edit: haha not sure why I did that, can't play it anyway for a while

4. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    That's strange - I saw it in iTunes (if that helps). Try it out there perhaps?

5. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    See it under updates now, freaking awesome. Not going to have the chance to try it out tonight though. But yeah, freaking awesome. Can't wait to play it with friends and some people from TA tomorrow.

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Infinity Blade Now On Sale for $2.99

Infinity Blade is Now on Sale for $2.99 for a limited time

Infinity Blade

Epic Games
    Winner of the 2011 Apple Design Award, and more than 20 “Game of the Year” & “Top App” awards! Tons of NEW FREE CONTENT…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $5.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Winner of the 2011 Apple Design Award, and more than 20 “Game of the Year” & “Top App” awards! Tons of NEW FREE CONTENT available now! See below for more details. From Epic Games’ award-winning studio, ChAIR Entertainment, comes Infinity Blade, a new sword fighting action game developed exclusively for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Here’s what the press has to say about Infinity Blade: **JOYSTIQ: 5 out of 5 - "In terms of recreating a console-level experience on the iPhone, you simply will not do better than Infinity Blade" **GAMEPRO: 5 out of 5 - "The next generation of handheld gaming is here" **SLIDE TO PLAY: 4 out of 4 - "Any serious iOS gamer should grab this one up" **ENGADGET: 9 out of 10 - "Utterly delicious to look at" **IGN: 9 out of 10 - "Infinity Blade is easily one of the most defining iPhone games of 2010" **TOUCHARCADE: "It doesn't get much more 'must have' than this" **GIZMODO: "An iOS game like you've never seen before" The first mobile game powered by Epic’s cutting-edge Unreal Engine 3 technology, Infinity Blade takes handheld gaming to new heights with gorgeous visuals, adrenaline-fueled battles and advanced character progression in a fully 3D castle realm. INFINITY BLADE For untold ages, the God King has ruled with an iron fist - his power is incalculable; his followers, legion. Now you must journey to the Dark Citadel to battle his Titans, one by one, until you face the tyrant himself. As it has been for all in your bloodline, this is your birthright - to free your people from an endless legacy of darkness. The immortal can be vanquished - but only if heart, mind, and steel are one. DYNAMIC SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN Spectacular 3D characters and environments powered by the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 bring to life the story of a lone knight’s pursuit to save civilization. RESPONSIVE AND INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS Attack, dodge, block, and cast devastating spells - all with the simple swipe of a finger. SIMPLE NAVIGATION Easy to use, tap-to-move controls enable players to effortlessly navigate and explore the castle realm while searching for collectable items such as treasure, swords, shields, armor and other magical objects. DEEP CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION Dozens of Swords, Shields, Helmets, Armor, and Magic Rings to acquire and master - leveling up your character and increasing Attack, Health, Shield and Magic skills. GAME CENTER Achievements and Leaderboards, challenge your friends to multiplayer matches online via Game Center! Universal App - Play Infinity Blade on iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4/4s, iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 6/6+/6s/6s+, iPhone SE, iPhone 7/7+, iPhone 8/8+, iPad 1/2/3/4, iPad Air/Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini/Mini 2/Mini 3/Mini 4, iPod Touch 3 (16GB or above), or iPod Touch 4/5/6 for a single low price. NOTES: - If you are experiencing technical issues with the App, please visit the Infinity Blade support page at: http://infinitybladegame.com/ - IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended that you upgrade your device to the latest iOS version. - PARENTS: you can turn off In-App purchasing in the iOS settings. Follow @Infinityblade on Twitter
    Information
    Seller:Epic Games
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Dec 09, 2010
    Updated:Oct 19, 2017
    Version:1.4.3
    Size:944.1 MB
    User Rating: (53)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

7. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I bet this will give it a nice boost in the charts.

8. StarForge

StarForge Member

May 13, 2011
    Been waiting to try this game! Awesome!

9. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    meh multiplayer aint worth alot.
    you cant play with your own knight, and you get a "connection lost" alot of times.

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm pretty sure not being able to play with your own knight is a good thing. It's all based on skill this way. Haven't lost connection once yet.

11. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    How does survival work? Like do you fight in the same environment each battle, or is just a randomized opponent and location after each upgrade break.

12. Nishimare

Nishimare Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Freelance Model , Full time ShoppEr
    iN YoUr HeArT~
    How good is this game ? heard quite some mixed review and i am still on the fence about this. Seems like a good buy for $2.99. Should i ?

13. dacalo

dacalo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I am on the fence too. Some are saying it's just a demo with minimal gameplay. It does look like all looks and no substance.

14. ufogeek

ufogeek Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    It looks fantastic, but there is very little gameplay. It is almost like Fruit Ninja. You cannot roam the castle. You go through series of fights against different opponents, who look different but so far, I don't see any change in gameplay. No matter who you fight you do the same over and over, leveling up, buying items. Worth it if you just want to demo how nice grahics on your ipad can be, otherwise dont bother.

15. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    For crying out loud, it's not an RPG! It's an arcade fighting game with RPG elements, and a great one at that! Please stop complaining about what the game isn't!

16. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Game is the best deal on the store right now. Gameplay is deeper than 99% of apps. In other words: got $2.99? Buy it.

17. ufogeek

Oct 13, 2009
    Sure i know it is not RPG, in fact i didnt even mention RPG in my post above. Doesnt change the fact that the opponents are just cosmetic changes... No difference to what you do no matter who you fight - you block, you dodge, you slice.

18. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I believe that the enemies have different moves, not just cosmetic changes. I respect your opinion, though. Sorry that that was not obvious in the above post. :(
    Some will love it, others will not get into it. I do believe that it's more than a tech demo, though.

19. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Actually the opponents are as varied as you can get and still call it a swordfighter. Some of them use similar combos, but they all have different speeds and fall under at least a good five categories of very unique fighting styles. I mean, what were you expecting, to have a sniper deathmatch against one guy, a dance off against another, and an arm wrestling match with another. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty much eye candy when compared to the depth of many console games (and even some ios games), but it is still very much a benchmark for ios games. It hits hard with the major demographic, while keeping enough for more hardcore gamers to still enjoy it.

20. ufogeek

Oct 13, 2009
    Maybe if it REALLY matters where and how I slice, it will make a lot of difference... right now, all I need to do is wait for window of opportunity (happens after blocking/dodging), then slice like crazy in any direction. There is no slicing combo (that I know of). Do different opponents have different weak spots? While there are unique fighting styles, that doesn't affect how you play, right?

As to what I was expecting... having to use different tactics against different opponents, that would have been perfect.