Best Word Game - Help with a choice/purchase.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zinwolf, Oct 18, 2009.

?

Best Word Game

1. Lexic

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Bookworm

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Wordigo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Word-Fu

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Scrabble

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Boggle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Others... please post ^-^

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Zinwolf

Zinwolf Active Member

Oct 2, 2009
    I'm trying to figure which one to buy or to choose

I'm really focused on Lexic seems really interesting and well done.....,
    but there's Wordigo, Word-fu, bookworm, boggle, scrabble and plenty of others to choose from!!!
    -sorry if i missed any that are really well known or really great.

any opinions or recommendations if you had to pick ONLY one of them.

if it helps any... these are games that I've really play day-to-day and really enjoy and keep on my iphone.

Canabalt, fare city, flight control, doodle jump, geodefense swarm, harbor master and recently: hook champ, soosiz, and silent swords

Feel free to post your opinions as they are greatly appreciated and greatly helpful ^-^

2. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Word-Fu+ may still be free for the moment, but I say go with Lexic all the way. Lexic is a pretty amazing word game, none better in my opinion.

3. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Textropolis, WordFu, and Wordsworth are my favorites, but I also like Wordjong, Wordulous....there are so many to choose from!

There's actually a thread that has a lot of info on word games somewhere around here.

Oh, and when mine comes out, I'm sure it will be one of my favorites as well :p

4. Sfv818

Sfv818 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Buying Apps!
    California
    Recently bought Lexic, it is fun.

5. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    +1 this guys speaks the truth, I'm not supporting him cause I like him but his game is actually really good.

Anyways I have to say Lexic

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol, i should hope so :p

7. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    wow, thanks skyye!

hmph! maybe you'd like to check in with the beta group so that you can try it out for yourself?? i'm grading you on participation!

8. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

9. souskei

souskei Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    If your looking for a boogle type game.. Go with word play online.. It's boggle but you play agaisnt people around the world.

If your looking for a scrabble type game, go with words with friends, basicly scrabble with people around the world.

But any other, I would defenatly go with lexic.. All the way.. Very polished and great game modes

10. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE THESE (in addition to Word Solitaire, WordFu, WordJong):

WordWeaver

SALE - In celebration of the release of our Linebacker Game for ESPN, W…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    SALE - In celebration of the release of our Linebacker Game for ESPN, WordWeaver is 50% off for a limited time!

Better than Bookworm Deluxe!
    - WeDoTech wedotech.net

WordWeaver is Scrabble on steroids! -App in Review

"Word Weaver is one of the most impressive word games of it's kind in the iTunes App Store today. It's great for a quick play and the campaign mode continues the word boggling fun." -appinreview.com

Word games on the iPhone have come a long way, and WordWeaver from Mini Monster Media, is pushing the envelope yet again with a brilliant iPhone word game. - appsafari

"WordWeaver has a superb design and with all it’s unique features, it will keep you entertained and keep you coming back." - appleiphoneschool.com

"What do you get when you cross Scrabble, Bookworm, and Aztec style? The answer would be WordWeaver!" - panappticon.com

"The amount of polish in the game is outstanding–the graphics and animations are very nicely done and the sound effects and music are amazing and really set the tone for the game" - panappticon.com

"As a unique mash-up of puzzle games Word Weaver gives the challenge of Quordy with a Aztec theme and an scoring system similar to Scrabble on steroids!" - appinreview.com

"Wordweaver Takes Word Games to the Next Level"
    - AppCraver.com

"We highly recommend this game to any fan of this genre. "
    - AppAddict.net

"It could be one of the most innovative word games I’ve played"
    - appcraver.com

"Previously our favorite game in this genre was 99 Games’ WordsWorth, but the more we play WordWeaver, the more we love it, the career mode is quite addictive, and WordWaeaver is quickly becoming our go-to word finding game. "
    - appaddict.net

"It doesn't take long to see that Word Weaver easily stands out from the rest." - Dallas iPhone Games Examiner

"A traditional word puzzle and a bad-boy arcade game got drunk behind an Aztec Temple. Their love child: WordWeaver"

Uncover Aztec gold and ignite rings of fire on your quest to become a Master Weaver!

Experience the best of two game worlds – classic word creation and arcade puzzle. Weave your way through the challenging levels of this unique and addictive game set in an ancient tribal land.

WordWeaver adds the fun of Bejeweled™ to the word finder games like Quordy or wurdle. But WordWeaver introduces something unique – a woven lattice board. Manipulate it to reveal hidden letters, discover cool bonuses and earn extra points. At a loss for words? Weave your way out! WordWeaver brings a fresh face to fans of word games.

The current version of WordWeaver features:
    - Multiple modes of game play
    - 30 Level Career Quest
    - Global and Friend Leaderboards
    - Choice of board sizes
    - Exciting bonuses
    - Achievements
    - Accelerometer Lattice Shake
    - Online dictionary reference for the list of words you create
    - Captivating original score and sound effects
    - Addictive gameplay
    - Brilliant graphics
    - WordWeaver is OpenFeint enabled

Tip: It’s great to get Fire Rings but beware of the Death Omen!

Please send all support emails, feedback, bug reports and suggestions to [email protected].

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/wordweavergame
    Visit us online: www.minimonstermedia.com
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Word
    Release:Feb 15, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Moxie

Moxie is the original word transformation game...EASY to learn, but CHALLENGING to master.

"Can't. Stop. P…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Moxie is the original word transformation game...EASY to learn, but CHALLENGING to master.

"Can't. Stop. Playing." - Mashable.com

"Phenomenal!" - 148Apps.com

"Every bit of the game is good." - TheAppera.com

Over 500,000 Moxie games have been downloaded and over 20,000,000 games have been played.

----------------
    HOW TO PLAY
    ----------------
    Moxie is all about transforming words into new words. You start with a hand of 52 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.

You score points by:

1. Making unique words with the letters

2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.

3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points

Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.

There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
    ----------------

Features:
    - 3 game variations
    - 6 color themes
    - HD graphics support for iPad and Retina displays
    - Pick up right where you left off
    - Global leader board
    - Short tutorial video (no internet required)
    - Ergonomic design
    - Relaxing and refreshing gameplay
    - Wholesome
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Education, Board, Family, Kids, Puzzle, Word
    Release:Feb 22, 2009
    Version:
    User Rating: (2)

The Enigma Machine

(iOS 5.1 to 7.1.1 compatible) Your mission: decrypt the Enigma machine, a cryptography machine used by the Nazis and cap…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    (iOS 5.1 to 7.1.1 compatible) Your mission: decrypt the Enigma machine, a cryptography machine used by the Nazis and captured by the British. As an agent of Bletchley Park, site of secret British codebreaking activities during World War II, you must put all your skills to the test to decipher the KEYWORD stored in the Enigma machine, assisting the war effort to defeat the Nazis.

--->NEW version with a great new HINT feature for those times you might get stuck! Also quicker start up with automatic bypass of Welcome Letter after playing 2 times.

--->A FEW OF THE MANY GREAT REVIEWS<---

“The Enigma Machine is a polished and classy version of the classic password/color guessing games from the good ol’ days.” --iPhoneGameNetwork.com

"Download the game and get cracking the code. " --iPhoneApps.org

“Overall The Enigma Machine is a solid and fun word game that will surely give you a great mental workout." --touchmyapps.com
    ========================

Combining the logic skills of Sudoku™ and the vocabulary skills of Scrabble™, The Enigma Machine is brain challenging fun. Anytime you’ve got a few minutes to spare and want to flex your mind and have some fun, grab this game. Similar to the game Mastermind™ but with words, The Enigma Machine is great for ALL ages.

Key Features
    - Well over 10,000 KEYWORDS are possible giving you endless hours of unique brain-racking fun
    - Includes a dictionary feature to expand your vocabulary from obscure KEYWORDs
    - Circle/cross out letters to help keep track of letters used
    - Fun World War II interface immediately places you into an authentic experience of an code cracking agent
    - Job Ratings of 1 (best) to 9 (worst) evaluates your logic and vocabulary skills – how will you rate?!
    - Three levels of fun – 3, 4 or 5 letter KEYWORD modes
    - Easy to learn, Fun to play, challenging to master
    - Your game is AUTOMATICALLY SAVED when you quit or receive a call!
    - New HINT feature helps you eliminate letters not in your keyword.

NEW in Version 1.5: now we will automatically bypass the Welcome Letter after you have played more than two times. If you want to see it again, start the app and immediately use Options to change to a different word length.

NEW in Version 1.9: Saves your game so even if you restart the app or your phone, you can pick up right where you left off!

If you like games such as TextTwist Turbo, wurdle, WordJong, Sudoku, SCRABBLE, WordSearch Puzzle, Chicktionary, Wordle or Mastermind, you're gonna love The Enigma Machine!

(trademarks are the property of their respective owners)
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Strategy, Word
    Release:Feb 18, 2009
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated