Promo code question!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

You have 25 promo codes left. You submit a new binary for your app giving you another 50 promo codes.

Questions

a) if you download the 25 codes before the new version goes live do you have 75 codes when it goes live?

b) if you don't download the 25 codes before the new app goes live do you lose the 25 codes and end up only with the 50 new ones or do you have a total of 75 ?

c) do you have to use the 25 codes up before the new version goes live?

2. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    You will lose ALL codes that you have and will be given 50 new ones. They do NOT carry over.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Thanks simplymusik,

Simple answer to a complex question. I guess it is best then to use them up before the update goes live. I asked the question because I saw a developer giving away 60 codes on TA just before x mas. Wanted to figure out how that was done?

4. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    simplymusik is wrong, I think he misunderstood your question. Any promo codes you download will work until they expire, despite which version you download them from.

5. A simple answer, but unfortunately incorrect! :)

While it is true that any undownloaded codes are lost, any codes that you have already downloaded are good for 4 weeks from the day you downloaded them, regardless of any updates you happen to do in the meantime.

Promo codes are not associated with a specific version of your application.

Due to a defect in OpenFeint, I recently had to do two quick updates to Flight Deck. I grabbed the last 30 codes before the first submission. Then I grabbed the 50 after the first submission, and then I grabbed 40 more after the second submission (saved a few).

I gave away all 120 codes in a contest on Touch Arcade.

Interestingly, these promo codes all count towards your daily downloads as far as rankings go. Due to this effect, Flight Deck shot up to about #70 in its categories for one day, however, it did not have any lasting effect, and over the next couple of days, things returned to the previous levels.