Rolando sequel... and more free levels

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by The Game Reaper, Feb 19, 2009.

1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    On ng:moco's twitter:

Neil:"To clarify the Rolando update will be free an update not a sequel.....but ngmoco/handcircus are working on a sequel :)"

An earlier post indicated that they were working on an update with more free levels. Let the unstoppable hype begin!

2. notintheleastbit

Feb 6, 2009
    Sounds good to me... :D

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hopefully they'll find a way to do the update without erasing your saved scores and level progress.

4. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    its ok if they do ive only play 4 levels haha
    wasnt a fan!

5. Skateboard313

Skateboard313 Active Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Any word on when their aiming to release these? I gotta say this deffinetly a game that grows on you!!

6. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Brilliant, brilliant news. I'm a big fan of the game!

7. HouseTreeRobot

HouseTreeRobot Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Living.
    UK
    Is this the first big app store sequel?

8. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Hopefully the update contains 18 more levels/2 new worlds!. :)

9. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    that's why i love devs who made bounce on. they give you new worlds (like sequels) in every update, and you don't have to pay for it :)

10. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    after playing the free version, I can't believe how bad this game actually is.. I'm right in assuming grown men play this?? wow. No offense or anything, but I am utterly shocked

11. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    @Paulio What? :eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

12. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    This is great news but don't you know that 18 levels were taken off from the release? The update might just be those 18 levels or maybe more. I dunno

13. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Wasn't the first one bad enough, why would we need two?

14. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    people who dont like the game, thats fine, but this a forum to discuss the sequal and new levels not to rant on how the first one was bad in your opinion. im not trying to tell you to shutup im just saying, if you really liked a game you wouldnt like it if some people just came on that thread and started saying how they werent interested because they didnt like the game.
    so just think about that

and I myself am very happy to hear about this. I thought it was a good and extremely polished game.

15. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    @ Peter
    Yeah.. It's a really polished game and all, but seriously wtf? Yes this is my opinion but I really don't see where the hype is coming from. You can't deny it's immense child like theme etc. Just doesn't make sense to me why everyone loves it so much. I didn't like it at all, and it doesn't take all that much to entertain me.. Could you explain why you like it? Roll colourful balls with faces around a colourful world and avoid nasty shodow things.. Yes control input is near perfect, but that's not enough for me to play a game like that..

16. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Not every game style has to be like GTA or other "grown up" themes. People like Mario, Sonic etc... and not necessarily kids.

The graphics are polished, the music is jazzy, so in terms of theme there's not much not to like... If you don't like it, then that's purely your opinion.

BTW, what's wrong with colourful balls with faces? And child-like themes? As adults, do we always have to play deep geeky type RPG's or violent games like GTA? Or realistic games like racers? Why? Why can't we like colourful things?

Gameplay however, I think is excellent, it's essentially a puzzle platformer, with interactive elements in the scenery. It gives you the same feeling as Lemmings, and we all know how popular that was.

17. touchy

touchy Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Apple gave me a credit when I complained about Rolando and the then, 9.99 price tag. I misread it as 0.99 when I bought it. Now way worth $10. I don't get the attraction to the game really.
    I guess I needed to play it more, I don't know.

18. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    agree, but you should draw the line before Sally's salon, thats pretty clearly aimed at girls. as for the update I agree with danny kinda suspicious. I don't like ngmocos marketing tactics at all.

19. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Toy Bot Diaries.

20. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    EXACTLY!!!!

Well the emploies at ngmoco r just worried they wont get there next paycheck rofl so they make sequels etc..............