Provisioning Profiles HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Kriio, May 8, 2011.

1. Kriio

Kriio Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Budget and Finance Analyst
    NYC
    Hi Guys,

After 5 days of hitting my head against the wall, im starting to get dizzy. I downloaded the latest xcode, updated my phone and itunes. My apple developer membership ended so i renewed it. Then came the dreaded provisioning profiles time. I deleted everything (since i was getting errors) and started from scratch. Created a new license and WWDR certficate from keychain Access, a new App ID (com.companyname.*) and added my iphone 4 to the devices. Created a provisioning profile and i dragged it to organizer, both in library and device. I kept getting errors so then i figured out the bundle identifier was wrong on the .plist file so i changed it to my app ID's name.

Now, the build fails when i want to build on my iphone but it gives me no issues. Before it would tell me what was wrong. The app runs fine on simulator. It is possible that the provisioning profile has an error but i doubt it. I must be overlooking something. Can someone help...I would greatly appreciate it.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I have yet to move to xcode4 possibly waiting for another mayor update so they get the kinks ironed out but in xcode3 organizer you could automatically create profiles.. Is this still avaible in x4?

3. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Sr. Applications Engineer.
    Middletown, CT
    If you're working with a project you've previously used you may need to change the code signing value within the project settings. This should point to your new certificate.

To do this, click the top level Project node (the one in blueish gray). Search for "Code Signing". Once found, under "Any iOS SDK" for Debug and Release, change it to point to your new certificate.

4. Kriio

Kriio Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    NYC
    mr. Ugly: yes you can request a provisioning prifile through organizer but that doesnt work for me.

jlakch: I think you are thinking of xcode 3...im usung xcode 4 and i am not using a past program, im starting from scratch.

5. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

hmm well hard to say then.. i assume you use an xocde4 version that recognizes your iOS devices version..?

maybe someone with xcode4 installed may be able to help out..

6. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Sr. Applications Engineer.
    Middletown, CT
    The same holds true for XCode 4. I'm using XCode 4 and have had to do this when I add new devices to my provision.

7. pchukwura

pchukwura Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Co-Founder/Software Engineer
    Atlanta
    I've had provision profile issues before. Make sure the correct one is selected.

In Xcode 4 select the top-level project item for your open project in the file list, select the Target, select the 'Build Settings' tab, search for 'code sign'. Under 'Code Signing Identity'>Debug>Any iOS SDK, make sure the correct provisioning profile is selected (usually they have dates listed next to them so select the latest one).

Hope this helps

8. Kriio

Kriio Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    NYC
    #8 Kriio, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    I was certain this would fix it, but sadly it did not. Instead of Any iOS SDK i put my iphone 4 and added the correct provisioning profile (since i deleted all the rest, i only have one). Still, once i hit build, the building bar only goes to 10%-ish and the build fails...with no issues. I just think xcode is picking up the old provisioning profiles from somewhere.

9. Kriio

Kriio Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    NYC
    any more ideas?

10. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    - delete all the profiles from organizer and iphone 4.
    - redownload your profile and drop them on xcode.
    - make sure you have 3 entries in code signing identity:
    Code signing identity
    Any SDK
    Any IOS

Code Signing Entitlements: empty for everything but only include your Entitlements.plist only for the ADHOC build.

Delete your build folder and recompile (don't forget to cross your finger).

JC