Suggestions for 0-player games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fjom, Oct 10, 2011.

1. fjom

fjom New Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I am looking for a screensaver kind of game, where I can leave my iPhone charging on my desk and periodically glance at what's happening.

The Sims seemed like it would be a good match: just create a character and set him lose on the city, but even with Autonomy turned on, my guy will just stare at his wall for hours so obviously I misunderstood what autonomy means here.

The closest I've found is to start a LASW skirmish with no human player, but the large maps make it so that a quick glance often shows nothing at all going on on the screen.

Is there any other game that supports AI only play?

Along the same lines, my toddler likes watching sports games on his iPad, but he doesn´t play at all so we end up watching tons of "Manchester Blue 0-8 Manchester Red" matches in First Touch. I seem to recall both FIFA and Madden on the original XBOX (my last console) allowed you to setup AI vs AI Games, is there any sports game like that for iOS? (the sport really doesn't matter much, my kid will happily yell "Goool" whenever a ball is involved).

TIA

2. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Godville but the game has bad themes and references. I wouldn't recommend it but that's the only game I can think of.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Fractalis Puzzle Gallery is really cool - but you have to unlock each puzzle first before using the images it creates. Then you can use them as desktop images. Your toddler might like the colors and all.

4. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    um.. space invaders clock?

5. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
  6. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    It's not really a game, but it is a neat screensaver: Illumanti or something like that.