Flyro ($1.99->Free)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by mako9227, Aug 18, 2013.

1. mako9227

mako9227 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    #1 mako9227, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013

Flyro

"An incredibly unique twist on the endless runner, adding an impeccable control scheme on top of beautiful graphics…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "An incredibly unique twist on the endless runner, adding an impeccable control scheme on top of beautiful graphics and addictive gameplay." - 148apps

Flyro is a fluid action game set high in the skies. Fly and dodge past TNT traps, giant boxing gloves, electric moving hallways, and other deadly obstacles. When you can't find a way around, morph into a flame to burn your way through any wooden barriers you encounter!

Featuring dynamic difficulty, elegant touch controls, and a huge arsenal of carefully crafted sequences to master, Flyro is the first endless runner that will always keep you challenged without being frustrating or overwhelming.

Highlights:

- Dynamic music & sound created by Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead composer Mike Morasky.
    - Survive giant boxing gloves, electric moving halls, and other creatively devious traps.
    - Activate your flame power to blaze through any wooden obstacle.
    - Every run is different.
    - Moustermind Tech™ adjusts game difficulty as you play.
    - No pay-to-win gimmicks of any kind.
    - Challenging objectives make you master dangerous moves.
    - Compete with your friends (and the world!) on Flyro's integrated leaderboards.
    - The Moustermind’s endless taunts await your every failure.

What the press is saying:

"With a soundtrack from composer Mike Morasky (Portal 2, Left 4 Dead), beautiful graphics, and addictive game play, Brute Farce's Flyro takes a new spin to the endless runner game and comes out with a real winner." - TUAW

"Flyro is an endless runner that is sure to delight all gamers with its unique charm. [...] With controls like this, it’s incredibly intuitive for any gamer." - AppAdvice, 5/5

"With difficulty that scales based on your skill level and a complete absence of any sort of pay-to-win gimmick, Flyro is a clear winner no matter how you look at it!" - JayIsGames

"Just when you think that endless runners have been done to death, there inevitably comes a title that shows you that spins can yet be put on the genre." - TechPP.com
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jul 16, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

It got a 3-Star TA review a few weeks ago so I don't know how great it is but this is the first time it's gone free.

Edit: I just tried it out and it's actually a really great runner(or flyer). It's got simple controls, addicting gameplay, and NO IAP AT ALL! Definitely give this one a try!

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'll give it a spin. Beats all the old Triniti dross that's gone free. Thanks for the notice! :)

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

It is fun, but its biggest failing is that it's all too repetitive. I get that the levels are randomly generated, but you get what you get. That's it. No changing of powers, no anything.

There is a bit of a meta game with the quest system, but it doesn't do anything other than "unlocking" parts of the frozen town.

I bought it at launch for a dollar, and while it's not the best game, it's decent for the price. $2 is a bit too high for a game as relatively basic as this. I get that it's not basic as far as the mechanics go. They're flawless, the controls couldn't be better. On paper, it doesn't get better then that, but when you play it gets repetitive fairly quickly.

For free though, you're crazy if you don't get it. It's worth the download as it'll help the developer of the game, who is involved in the forums and a overall awesome person.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

This game is really good! Love the flame effects, smooth controls, more inventive obstacles than your usual endless game. It's a lot of fun

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Only iPhone version?

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Not bad at all. For free and with no IAP, well...do yourself a favour.

7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Great game. Can play it when I have free time. :)

8. dzkdes

dzkdes Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    As far as I see the game has no Ads as well as no IAPs. So, the developer virtually gets zero bucks in here :(

9. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Nice game. Recommended

10. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    0.99€ > free

First sale since September 2014!:)

It has cute graphics...give it a try!

11. FiloMJ