Want a chance to influence an iPhone game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyhoundgames, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Sub Hunt (see the sub hunt thread for screen-shots, video link etc) just got its 1.1 update. I am now taking ideas for what to do next with the game. Its getting great reviews but here is your chance to tell me things you don't like, or just cool ideas you have. If your idea is good and I put it in, your name will go in the credits! You can check out the lite version if you haven't already.
    So open the flood gates!

2. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    hmmm.. the only thing that came to my mind (hall of fame like leaderboards and openfeint) is already implemented with current update, also I noticed there are some new power ups (at least I found dual shot). As for gameplay there isnt much to change I guess

3. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    Did you happen to "feel" the pacing change I made to the game? It should feel more action packed, but not harder.

4. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    to be honest I updated it yesterday and wasnt able to play it long enough. What I noticed was that I had 12 extra points (I took little break after I finished game at first difficulty) and I am not sure if those 12 points were because of update or because I finished first difficulty - so I played first two levels on second difficulty and I think there were more stuff going on, but I feel that I am also stronger - I guess you put more enemies while giving more skill points to distribute? If this is reason, I am not sure how it going to cooperate with third difficulty, because I was 2/3 fully upgraded at the begining of second dificulty .)

5. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    The xp curve is exponential. You may cap out on tech before the end though as it depends on how many times you have died. Since xp carries over I cannot predict where you will end up. The update did increase the upgrade gain rate at lower levels though. Also the upgrade rate needs to co-incide somewhat with somebody who never loses(IE somebody who is playing to get a high skill rating). If they never lose, they still need to be able to get enough upgrades to beat the game.
    I hope that made sense.

6. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    yea it is pretty sensible (shame on me, it didnt come to my mind when I was typing post) and I was dying quite a lot in later levels...

also, health bar is good addition... I am gona to play from beginning soon (to get achievement for first difficulty :D) so I will post if I notice differences and more action