Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

gah. almost got the kaamo station then got killed :-/

@romeo longsword
    i beg to differ about the point u said about bad writing in space trading games- warpgate had a great storyline with multiple story arcs!

2. kibagami777

kibagami777 New Member

Apr 29, 2011
    i hit the skip button when i shouldn't have and missed the talk on where <spoiler>
    Cornelius tells me to go meet the boss after dropping off the hijacked Vossk ship at the start of Valkyrie. How do you get to talk to the boss?
    <spoiler> thanks

3. Deamon34

Deamon34 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Kind of on the fence about this game. Can someone tell me if this is this similar to Tie fighter/Freespace. Is this more arcade or sim? Thanks

4. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    The mission to mine a void essence core from an asteroid in the Valkyrie add-on is a pain in the ass, either that or I suck. For one, the enemies are stronger now so I have to destroy them before mining, yet by the time I finish more are on the way, and it's near impossible to mine without being shot at. Two, I was just never good at mining cores in the first place. Three, it takes a while before you can find an "A" asteroid to begin mining.

Been loving the expansion up till now, but I'm ready to throw in the towel.

5. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Hint: there are alternative ways of collecting void essence other than drilling.

6. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Just keep playing and making money, either by mining or trading. The beginning of the game goes slowly but once you have enough money for a decent ship the game gets much more fun. In the beginning of the game, you won't have enough cargo space to mine cores. I recommend finding lucrative trade routes and making money slowly but surely that way. Remember: buy low, sell high!

7. kali

kali Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 2, 2009
    Senior Software Engineer
    You can do what the other poster said or if you really wanna drill bring some wingmen and use your stealth drive right before you start drilling. You should last long enough when cloak wears off to get the essence.

8. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    This or use one of those emergency shields

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    What kind of gear do you have? The best scanners show A class asteroids with a big gold letter on them... kind of hard to miss. You may also need a better drill like the hidden one that has 100% efficiency. You could also get an auto turret which should be able to provide some defense while you focus on mining

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Should I buy the Dace or anaan ship?

11. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    I respect your view, but I like a good story thus I expect more.

Wrapgate has a better story but it does not mean it's great, just greater compare with GOF2, just my personal view :)

12. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Hmmm Wolf-Reiser now buy back organs at a lower price. 5,700 about. The Aquilla System, Carme station now buys Organs at 6,200, which is about 100 more then it use to be.

Carme station is now one of the best places to sell your organs. The pirate stations are pretty good too, but you gotta pay cash to get in there.

13. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just picked up the Valkryie add on it will be a while before I play it though as I'm going to start a fresh game. It's the first DLC in the app store I actually wanted to buy I think that says a lot.

Hope the expansion is profitable I'd like to see more although I'd like to see a Galaxy on Fire 3 as well.

14. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Hmmm I'm tempted to start a new game as well, so I can store the betty :D. You can't find that ship anywhere else once you sell it. ... but I'll wait til the ship storage patch comes out first.

15. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Can anyone recommend a decent place to trade Vossk Organs?

I just equipped a Rhoda Blackhole on my Veteran to increase the hold to 220tn. So far I see in my pricing info that Pescal Inartu has them at 19,408 and Wolf-Reiser (Thynome) has them at 26,821

16. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Buy at Pescal Inartu and sell at Aquila :)
    Thats the best prices you can get period, unless you see some for buying/selling in the lounges.

17. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Hey do you guys know where to buy the classic ships? Do you need to buy add onto get them?

18. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    I've found them in random systems, but they usually show up in high tech level stations that are the same faction as the ships themselves.

19. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Yeah I found them pretty darn cheap at Pescal Inartu, (around 19,000) but I do not find them consistently there. At Pan system you can find them somewhat consistently.

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I was just about to post that I didn't find them at any planet on Pescal Inartu, hahah. I'll try Pan right now :p