Your Most Wanted Features?: Battleheart Legacy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by oscar123967, Jun 29, 2014.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1 oscar123967, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    BHL is by far my favorite iOS-exclusive RPG, so I've decided to leave a little feedback :) Here are some features that I believe will make the game better, despite how great it is already.

A noticeable way to see if you have completed all of the locations/quest in an area. As of now the only way to check if you've completed an area is to walk to it and see if there is a check mark next to its name. I think it would be neat to make the white circle into green once you've completed all of the areas in that one location.

Battlemage buff. When I did a play through with the battlemage, it just seemed underpowered. It felt as if the spells didn't have too much of a kick to them, compared to other classes

Coliseum leaderboards. Just a feature I think is missing. Makes it easier to brag about our scores :D

Skipping the final boss's dialogue. The final boss aint easy when facing him for the first few times. It gets irritating having to tap through the dialogue every single time you go to the boss.

The ability to change your characters name and/or a subtitle. I have multiple characters, and it gets a little confusing when trying to remember which is which. It would be nice to be able to change their names' or give them a subtitle such as "mage" or "rogue".

Large high level dungeons that feature a boss fight. And when you defeat the boss he'll drop a chest that has a percentage of dropping new tier 2 legendary gear?

More missions/quests. I really enjoyed the missions in this game. The missions hardly felt repetitive, they were fun, and you could interact with it by allowing us to choose multiple dialogue options. Some areas in the game felt as if they were missing quests though.

Bounties mechanic. It was a cool way to introduce the battlemage, but it could also be a cool mechanic! Maybe every few in game hours a bounty will appear in the office. Then it'll assign you a quest to kill a small boss. You'll either be assigned to check out a location or you'll be assigned to find him yourself, making it your next random encounter. You'll then be awarded with gold or exp. The more bounties you do, the higher level the mobs/boss in the location will become. They'll also cycle randomly, making infinite bounties.

Just some ideas I've gathered myself and from the BHL thread as well. Please feel free to leave a post on what you think should be added. This could include nerfs, content, bug fixes, weaponry, or small/large tweaks.

Note: I am not a dev or I'm not in any associated with the development of BHL, I'm just a fan :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... I admire your passion in the game, and i think the suggestions you made can definiteyl improve BHL a lot. I just dont think it needs its own thread though.

3. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Its just a way to share ideas in a more centralized area :D

4. justtesting

justtesting Active Member

May 13, 2014
    * New content! Anything, from items to quests to new maps.

* The above idea of a quest tracker. The site marker turning green would be a very elegant solution (more so than a quest log).

* More content, more content, <ad infinitum>

5. K4Rnage

K4Rnage Active Member

Jun 15, 2014
    I whole heartedly agree with this being a great game!!
    Personally i would like to see some increases in some classes too. The Battlemage, Barbarian, Ranger and Witch, Necro all suffer from low damage output from their ults. Why doesnt Quake have knockdown?!?! Ranger definintely needs a rain of arrows aoe. An acid cloud for witch. Necro needs a high lvl summon to go with mummy.
    Really i just want to see more skills (2-3 per class) so more options can be explored.
    And a high lvl arena! :D
    As for questing content, a new continent. probably upto lvl 60+req. and gear to go with of course ;)
    A Great Game thanks Mika

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Great post, dude. Battleheart would be way better if they added this stuff. :)

I'd add some kind of quest log thing to see what is available for your level. It's kind of annoying sometimes when you're in between levels hunting around the whole world map to find the area that's appropriate to your level.

7. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #7 oscar123967, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Excuse me for the crappy grammar in my post dudes! Made this late last night lol. Fixed it all, I think.

Yeah I've played around with the battlemage and necro/witch hybrid and they do seem a little low on the dps side. I had to be a higher level than usual to beat the game. I haven't made my way to the ranger/hunter yet, but it is a little surprising that it the ranger does not have a raining arrow-aoe type spell.

New content will always be awesome!!

Thanks Eli, means a lot coming from you :D I think the quest log is a great idea. I usually take a day or two break when playing iOS games, so it does get a little confusing when I jump back in. I end up not remembering what I was last doing, making me wander about to figure out what to do. My memory isn't to great ;)

I've been working on a map to identify the level ranges in the BHL world for people who are new to the game. I've been tossing it over my shoulder lately, due to being busy and of course lazy :p I think I'll go ahead and finish it today or tomorrow though

8. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    There is already a great level by level walk through as well a map with all of the dungeon levels indicated. I can post the links if people want me to.

I would love to see a golem added to the necros arsenal of summons something similar to diablo 2 blood golem with life leech perhaps. My favorite pet of all time is still world of Warcraft warlock sucubus summons. Aside from being hot she also had a charm ability.

The quest log issue really needs to be addressed badly. There is a kind of lull in the game around level 12-13 where you are just not sure where to go or what to do and some people have mentioned losing interest around that point so it needs to be addressed. Ideally you'd be able to click a dungeon on the map and see its level and then click again to move there the way it worked in the first battleheart

9. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Quest log and multiplayer online

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    2 more skill and passive slots.

11. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #11 oscar123967, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    This ^^^
    Being able to pan around the map would be nice

12. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Totally agree with this ^^

I loved the game from the off, playing my ranger was awesome fun until I hit level 12 then suddenly it was a huge chore and I've not gone back to it since.

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I've been meaning to ask Eli if he likes Wayward Souls better of this Battleheart Legacy. Played Wayward souls ALOT ON THOSE TWITCH STREAMS.

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #14 oscar123967, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Judging from the type of gamer Eli is, I would assume he really enjoys Wayward Souls more. BHL is no doubt an enjoyable experience as well though! Its all just personal preference I guess :)

——————————————————

Also what do you guys think about the New Game + options thats in the game right now? I feel that it is a bit pointless tbh. I think it needs to tweaked around. I was thinking maybe having it not reset your attributes, your level, as well as letting you keep your active/passive skills. The campaign will reset, and all of the locations will be buffed up base on your level. For example, if you start a NG+ with a level 35 all of the areas will have level 35 + "the original level" mobs. If you didn't quite catch that I'll give an example: You start a NG+ with your level 35, and one of the first areas you go to is the Gloomy Path in Gobwood. This area, before the NG+, was a level 2 area but since you started a NG+ it is now a level 37 area (your current level, 35, plus the area's orginal level, 2, = 37). What do you guys think?

Another thing, rewards for playing with a higher difficulty level. I know that making the game give you more EXP will offset thr balance of the game, but I think it will be fair to give the player double the gold that drops. Casual to medium will give you the same about of gold, hard mode will give you 50% more gold, and insane mode will give you 100% more gold.

And lastly, the ability to reset all of your skills and attributes. I was thinking when talking to a trainer they'll give you an option to reset all of your attributes, leaving you with all of your freed up skill points, and no skills/stats. I would say that it'll cost around 500 gold?

WAIT! Another feature I just thought of, :cool: legendary accessories/trinkets

15. Candi

Candi Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Have you tried upping the slider to Insane difficulty for your NG+ plays? If anything, I think NG+ should have a default "Hard" difficulty (you can always tune it down after all).

I would like to see Legendary gear that isn't just a bigger stat boost (and the usual array of secondary stat boosts; crit damage etc), and instead Unique Effect Legendary Gear. For instance, a sword that, every 3 seconds, cycles between the Battelmage sword buffs (without you needing them on your bar), or armour that has a 25% chance when you are hit to trigger a Ki Blast. This might be a good fit for a "Tier 2" legendary item set, probably would want 2 of each weapon type (with different effects) and 2 of each armour.

16. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah but when you're a high level areas become super easy even on insane. And it would be nice to replay the story but as a higher level :) The NG+ works great on Infinity Blade, and I would love to see it be just as good in this game

I really like this idea. Would be neat

Also a small tweak: make enemies reset when leaving a room in normal mode. I just think this should be standard feature. One shouldn't be able to cheat their way through a dungeon on normal mode.

17. justtesting

justtesting Active Member

May 13, 2014
    This sounds fantastic, was thinking just the same thing a few days ago.

They could even incorporate quests for legendary gear (like, 'collect all pieces of x', or 'collect x [unique]' etc.).

I'm really wondering how hard it is to program new lands into the app. I'd love to see an island pop up somewhere up north that we could go explore and everything. With 50 hours of in-game fun so far, I'd pay them double or triple those $5 for their next thing.

18. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    I was also curious about the same thing. He did mention that it would be easy to add more quest and locations/dungeons. But he never mentioned specifically new geographic locations.